Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Another Day (Paul's)

Amena is off on time for the third day in a row. I don’t want to jinx it but I do like to acknowledge an accomplishment of this magnitude. The boys are in various stages of being ready; Joseph is eating toast, Cedric is eating cereal, Seth is upstairs hopefully finishing the dressing for school process.
Today is Paul’s birthday. He hasn’t ever told me what he wants for his birthday dinner and he never specifically says what he wants in the way of cake (he did say he wanted an ice-cream cake though) so there won’t be anything special today. One of the problems is that he didn’t grow up with homemade cakes and such and so he thinks the dross from the store is a delectable treat. He has finally stopped buying food items containing high fructose corn syrup but it is hard to change one’s palate.
Today is also a generally busy day, especially this afternoon. Joseph has scouts at school at 4:00.  Seth has scouts at the Pitney’s at 6:30. Amena, Cedric, Jessica and I have things at church tonight at 7:00 but I have to be there at 6:30. And all of this is completely dependent upon having a vehicle or otherwise arranging rides which for Seth will be relatively easy but for everyone else, not so much. We will see how it goes.
Today also is a half day for my students so I can’t count on getting a whole lot done this afternoon and must plan on getting anything done that I really want/need to this morning. We will see how that goes as well.
Yesterday was an interesting day. I got some sewing done in the morning and very early afternoon. Not much but some. Jessica went with me when I went to the church to help Kris Goguen and Diane Alexander with knitting two socks at once. Diane was late and neither one had all the needles they really needed to accomplish the task at hand but hopefully I provided some assistance. I know I got the socks I started a month or so ago from the double points to the circulars so it was productive for me. Jessica and I got there a few minutes early so we straightened up the Hymn books and picked up old programs and other little pieces of trash in the chapel. Jeremy West has the same habit Paul does of putting his check book in the slot for the Hymn books and it appears that he forgot it there last Sunday. I wrapped it up with a piece of paper and stapled it closed and wrote his name on it and left it somewhere in the church and later I sent him a message via Facebook letting him know.
We got home just after the boys did. Seth forgot his agenda at school. No one reported having homework. Cedric wanted to go to Paul Jepson’s house. He’d asked Paul if he could ride his bike over and Paul said he could. It was 5° that felt like -14°. I know that riding his bike over probably wouldn’t kill him and that if he was dressed properly he would be fine but I can also see someone along the way having a problem with it and making an unnecessary phone call and making my life more difficult so I said, no. Zak and Joanna ended up giving him a ride there and picking him up after dinner.
For supper/dinner we had artichokes, broiled cauliflower and left over ham. I had a scout meeting at school at 6:30. As I was ready to leave, Paul said I needed the registration so at least five minutes were spent looking for but not finding the registration. I am glad that the meeting did not begin on time because I would have been late. As it was, I was the third on there.
When I got home I discovered that Jessica had done most of the dishes. That is always a wonderful thing. It was 8:20 so boys had to be herded off to bed since they hadn’t been.
Once the boys were abed, I played Phase 10 with Joanna and Zak. That was kind of fun except that I won and Joanna got grumpy. She wanted to keep score so when she was writing the names on the top of the paper, she said, “Should I write Zak or Cutie?” She wrote “Zak AKA Cutie.” I told her she should have written “QT.” She said they do that but will write “QT 3.14.” Cute. Very cute.

Have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment