Thursday, January 2, 2014

Storms and Idiots

Good morning! Today we have snow falling from the sky, albeit very small flakes, and everything has a layer of white, although it is not very thick. It’s a good start as long as we get more.
Seth is out with a shovel. I’m not sure what exactly he’s doing with it but I hear him scraping in front of the house. Hopefully he’ll think to do the stairs. Scooter is out as well. She asked to go out in spite of the fact that she didn’t eat yet. From the lack of evidence, I would say she hasn’t done her piddles outside yet so I think she can stay there for a bit.
Yesterday was an okay sort of day. Today actually would be a good day to not write anything because nothing extraordinary happened. However, I don’t have anything pressing that I have to do so here I sit typing away.
We had a late start to the day yesterday because everyone took their time getting up. I don’t mind that too much upon occasion and January 1st is one of those occasions. Some of us had breakfast, some of us didn’t. Some of us had lunch, some of us didn’t. There was no lack of food, so I’m not worried about anyone going hungry yesterday.
Paul and I left at about 11:35 to take the missionaries out to lunch which has been Paul’s tradition for years. He did break the routine by going to an Indian buffet rather than Chinese this time but that turned out rather well as it introduced three young men to Indian food who had never tried it before. I think they all enjoyed it and I told them that they should return sometime for dinner and try a lassi.
When we were done eating, we went to New Hampshire to pick up a set of tires for the green car. The tires are brand new, came with rims, and the guy actually put them on the car before we left. Paul was going to try to talk him down from the price he was asking but said he didn’t feel right about that given everything he did. We would have stopped at Joann’s but I didn’t remember the address, neither of us remember how to get there, and the GPS wouldn’t find it for us with more information. So, we just came home instead which was fine.
Jessica had returned while we were gone and said that things were rather chaotic, which is pretty normal around here. We had chips and dip and pie for supper which was awesome and groovy. Well, not really, but it was easy. Today we’ll get back into a more regular meal routine. We have so many leftovers that I think that’s what’s on the menu for lunch and supper. Tomorrow we’ll go with something else.
I think Paul is staying home today for work due to the weather. When he talked to Blair yesterday, he was only in Delaware on his way home. Silly man. He was going to go home Tuesday; that would have been much better than driving into a potentially bad storm. I think storms here are worse than anywhere else I’ve ever lived simply because there are so many more idiot drivers out on the roads. The actual storms aren’t really worse, but the amount of idiots certainly is.
Other than the basics, Amena has a birthday party for her church friends planned for tonight. I really do hope that they can come because I really don’t want to deal with having to reschedule.  We had to deal with that last year and it was a month or two before anything would work and then only the triplets were able to come. Tomorrow night is the one she’s planned for her school friends. If we do have to reschedule either of them, I think I’m going to suggest doing them during February break rather than attempting to make a Friday night between now and then work.

I think I’ll be off for now. Have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment