Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Boys and PB&J's

I have a boy upstairs who is taking his sweet time getting downstairs. Hopefully he is getting dressed. Knowing this particular boy as I do, it is quite likely that he is playing with the other boy who is also upstairs and supposed to be getting dressed. The second boy already ate; the first one hasn’t. He made it down, yay! The third boy is sitting at the table finishing up his breakfast. So, I have one boy dressed who hasn’t eaten; one boy who has eaten and is upstairs supposed to be getting dressed; one boy who just finished eating and needs to go get dressed; one girl who is done with all that and should be arriving at school at any minute.
They sure don’t allow a whole lot of time for them to get around. They must drop of their kids at the middle/high school and then leave immediately to get to where they need to be to start picking up again because he’ll be back in about 30 to 40 minutes.
Yesterday was good. No comedy of errors for me. I did forget the grapes that I’d gotten ready to take for the way home and my water. I did also take a video of a flowering tree rather than pictures which is kind of funny. I think I’ll get it on my computer and see if I can’t isolate some frames (I’ve never done it before but I know it can be done—I don’t know if I have the capability).
Today is a half day so three boys and a girl didn’t need lunches. That’s nice in a way but it means they’ll be home all afternoon to torment each other and we’re on our way to a full moon. I have lots of things for them to do when they get home; some they might like, some they probably won’t.
Speaking of lunches, I remember that Papa used to have his peanut butter and jam sandwiches with butter on the jam side to keep the jam from soaking into the bread and making it soggy. After a couple of days of boys complaining about soggy pb&j’s, I thought we’d give Papa’s way a try. Cedric really doesn’t like them so he doesn’t have an opinion on them. Seth and Joseph, however, do like them, and they both really like them with the butter. Yay! Papa is, once again, our hero! (I know that might seem rather trivial to some, but for us, it isn’t.)
Guess what? In order to make my ‘journal’s’ more manageable, I keep them to 100 pages and then start another one. This one is on page 100 right now and as of this word, 67,453 words. Pretty awesome and groovy, eh? I’ve got about four inches left to go and then I’ll be on another page so guess what? We won’t be going over the three inches. In fact, we might not make it even close because I’m not going to come up with something to say just to fill it. Although, I’m doing a pretty good job at the moment.
The sun is up over the trees and is shining in the window and I think I should be off to check on the boys upstairs. Joanna is still asleep and Paul is up and about and I think this is as good a stopping place as any.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment