Monday, September 23, 2013

I Never Did Like Coming Up With Titles

“Mom! Mom!” I heard the blood curdling yell from a 7-year-old. “Mom!” it came again.
What the heck, I thought. Cedric isn’t torturing him because he’s already down at the end of the driveway waiting for the bus. What on earth does he need? I open the door and he is holding Kitty and the bus is at the house next door. “The cat!” he yells,  “You need to hold the cat!”
Ah, yes, Kitty is ours and we are hers. She likes to follow her boys down to the road when they go but in spite of the fact that the bus scares the living daylights out of her, she likes to play near wherever they happen to be. She didn’t particularly want to be held; she is, after all, a cat. She perched on my shoulders until the bus came for the boys and then I let her down so she could play.
I get to go get the bug today! So cool! Bethany Price is taking me down and I guess she has a friend in the Agawam area she might go visit after she drops me off. I will be coming straight home. CDs are already waiting on my planner to go and I’m thinking I’m in a Def Leppard kind of mood. We’ll see. In many ways, I feel bad asking anyone to take me that far to get the car. It would be nice if there were someone closer who knew how to work on VWs but this guy is good, knows what he’s doing and is nice to boot. On the other hand, it is nice to have a longer drive on the way home because the bug is fun to drive. On the other hand, because it is a longer drive, there is a greater chance of getting a ticket for speeding so I probably should relax and pretend that I like to drive slow. Is that possible?
What a day we had yesterday! It was a beautiful day; a perfect one for Joanna’s birthday. She brought Zack to church. He was raised Catholic but doesn’t go so I’m curious to see what he thought. During Sunday School, I was in the Family History room with a neighbor of the Nally’s. He has done quite a bit of family history work and was very excited to find the father of a great or great-great grandfather. Pretty cool. The only drawback to helping him is that I wasn’t able to sit with my family in Sunday School which included Joanna and Zack yesterday.
Joanna left the lights on in her Jeep so she and Zack had to come home with us in the van.  Then they took Laura’s car to jump the Jeep so they were late for her birthday dinner. We also had Ryan Sansossio and Jessica Anne Adams over to eat. Paul invited them the previous Sunday, forgetting that it was Joanna’s birthday and I agreed the fact that it was her birthday and we would be doing something to celebrate not even registering. Anyway, it turned out pretty well. Ryan and Jessica are both attending Fitchburg State. Jessica is studying early childhood education and Ryan is in business/accounting. He’s had Dr. Greenwood for classes and agrees that he’s an awesome teacher. Once they left, we gave Joanna her presents which consisted of a bunch of junk food—Oreo’s and two kinds of chips.
Paul tried to convince Joanna and Zack to take the boys and Amena to the ‘wooden’ park in Gardner but they, particularly Joanna, really didn’t go for it so it didn’t happen. Joanna said they wouldn’t all fit in her Jeep but Paul offered the use of the van saying that Zack was used to driving a big truck, he could drive the van just fine. Anyway, they left and then Paul and I went to look at Bethany’s house. She’s got a problem with water getting into the basement apartment that needs to be taken care of and Paul was tasked with looking at the house and seeing what he thought. He thinks that a majority of the problem is actually the responsibility of the city and that the city isn’t likely to do anything so there are some other things that can be done to somewhat alleviate the problem and he is going to look into them.
Seth wanted to go with us so he did and he played with the Price’s cat and froze.  When we were done there, we went to look at the stone church on Elm Street just for fun. It is a beautiful building but needs some serious repair work done. Just from looking at the outside, Paul suspected that there is a water problem in the basement. It seems that it was reroofed in the fairly recent past and when it was, the drains were not reconnected and so water has been seeping into the basement and causing all kinds of problems. As much as I would love to be able to buy the building, I don’t think I’d want to have to take care of all the problems that are obvious and I’m sure there are many more that are not as. Not to mention there isn’t much in the way of a yard and Elm Street is a pretty busy street.
When we got home, Adam and Kim were here. Adam said that Kim’s parents had told him to take her out driving in the Prism because she needs to learn to drive a stick. Since they were here, Paul and Adam took Laura’s car to Ray’s. That is nice because now I don’t have to worry about taking it this morning. Kim and I visited and ate cookies. That was kind of nice, too, although I shouldn’t have eaten any cookies. She said that they, as a Primary presidency, have been worried in the Primary that the Young Women are being reorganized due to the Myler’s moving because they just got everything filled in Primary and are afraid that someone might get whisked away to Young Women. Do you ever know a secret and want to be able to reassure someone, but really can’t? That’s how I felt. I know a secret but couldn’t say anything. Anyway, when Paul and Adam got back, Adam and Paul had some hot chocolate and ate some cookies and then Adam and Kim left. Paul thinks that Adam might be interested in Laura’s car once it’s all fixed and able to pass inspection. Would be a good solution to our wanting to sell it and Adam’s needing a car.

And now I need to be off. I’ve got to get ready to go get the bug and do whatever I get done today. Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment