Saturday, September 7, 2013

1st Game & Inflammation

Good afternoon!
Yesterday was another fun-filled and exciting day. My visiting teachers came over between 9:30 and 10:00 and left not long before noon. I left not long after they did to go run some errands in Gardner. I got shin guards and soccer socks for Cedric at John’s (Sports Shop?) and then got some notepads for myself and a notebook of graph paper for Cedric at Staples.
Then I went to the Landry’s so I could give Rebecca some money for working on a map for my story. She and her husband have two very cute little girls. That was slightly off topic but still appropriate in my book. Anyway, the map is pretty cool and it was nice visiting with her as well.
I got home around 2:00 so I had something for lunch, I don’t remember what, and it was about time for Amena to get home. I did get some laundry done and a little studying for phlebotomy. Not a whole heck of a lot else. Then it was time to go to the rec fields to walk while Cedric had practice.
I cooked some fish and sliced a cucumber for the minions to have for supper. Paul and I went to the former Mexicali Grill (it is now the Mexicali Fresh Mex Grill which doesn’t even make sense). The food is still good but I have to say, I liked the old menu (the physical thing, not what’s offered) better.
When we got home, I had to stop The Two Towers and send the boys to bed.
Today was Cedric’s first soccer game for the fall season at noon.
The things we make our children suffer though.
I made blackberry and maple walnut muffins for breakfast. Cedric picked the blackberries for the blackberry muffins and I wanted to use them before they got all moldy. There were only enough for a single batch which I why I made the maple walnut muffins as well. I made half without walnuts and half with. It just so happens that I love walnuts and they help with inflammation.
Cedric and Aiden waiting.
Which brings me to something else from yesterday. Carrie, the nurse practitioner at our doctor’s office, called with the results of my lab work. I do not have Lyme’s disease but I have been exposed to Parvo (our dog in New Mexico had it). Everything is pretty good but I have some inflammation and my rheumatoid factor is slightly elevated. Well, duh. I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I could have told someone that there is some inflammation in my ankles; that’s originally why I decided to take ibuprofen. She said that I could take 600 mg of ibuprofen three times a day to work on the inflammation but I’m thinking, ah, no. It also causes water retention. I think I’ll let the inflammation go away slowly (and how much slower will it be than it would with the ibuprofen if it takes three weeks, anyway?) by soaking my feet and ankles and walking. And it will be interesting to see how long it takes to go away this way. She, Carrie, was glad that I am doing something about it rather than not and said that many people won’t do anything. I looked up inflammatory and noninflammatory foods last night and decided that I should avoid and eat them, respectively.
Cedric is right in the middle.
Back to Cedric’s game. They played Hardwick in Hardwick. I am so glad that the boys played soccer this spring—I now know where almost every soccer field is that we will be playing on. It was near the Hardwick Coop so we stopped there and got some alfalfa pellets and crimped oats for the goats. While I was waiting for someone to come and gather bags for me, I was looking at the mineral and salt blocks. I should get one of them for the goats as well. But, I get ahead of myself again.
He is after that ball.
Cedric’s game was really good. Hardwick scored first but only because our goalie kind of slipped or something and gave it to them. They scored again and it was legitimate this time. I don’t remember if Hubbardston got their first goal in the first half or the second but they got it. They made another but it didn’t count because someone on the Hardwick team did something they weren’t supposed to so Hubbardston got a penalty kick. It would have gone right in if the nets were as high as they are in Hubbardston. Anyway, Hubbardston needed one more goal in order to officially tie the score and they did it! It was awesome! Cedric’s friend Dominic made all the goals, official and not. Good game. Good way to start the season. Because they tied, they don’t have to shave their head like they would have had they lost.
Henry, Cedric, Paul and Dominic.

And that is all for now. I hope you are all having a terrific Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment