Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Short on Sleep, Long on Kitten

Good morning! It is a pretty nice day out. If we could only get a nice brisk wind to blow the humidity away we’d be good. Sunday afternoon I went out to take a look at the fruit trees to see what varieties we have, how much, and at what state of being ready it all is. The kitten went out with me and was frolicking and the dragonflies were out en masse. It was fun to watch both.
Yesterday was a very low key day. When Joanna and I got home, my feet/ankles hurt. I sat in the back on the way up and was able to sort of have them up and on the way home, I was in the front which was nice because the passenger side of the floor is always hot. Heat feels good on the ankles which is why I’ve been wearing socks to bed even though it’s been a bit warm for it and they make the rest of me too hot. I didn’t exactly go back to bed but I did lay down to give my ankles a break and read because by that time, sleep was gone.
I actually spent quite a bit of time with my feet up because not only did my ankles hurt, by midafternoon, my knees hurt as well. Taking an ibuprofen I wanted to avoid so I just lived with it. Walking around was better, standing in one place was murder. Last night I went to bed by 9:30 and this morning when I got up, both ankles were almost back to normal size and only slightly more sore than what I’ve come to expect. In short, only giving them six hours of down time at night and sleeping for 2 ½ hours does not work.
Seth spent the afternoon at his friend Riley’s house. He got to get in their pool and generally just had a good time. Cedric spent some time riding his bike. Amena spent lots of time in her room cleaning and doing whatever. Joseph spent at least an hour in the back room measuring things. He is really quite good with numbers.
Joanna went to work. Laura called on her way to Staples for an interview. Her manager from Leominster called a manager in Utah but the one in Utah wanted an interview. I think that’s a good idea. She didn’t let us know how that went but hopefully well.
Joanna gets to go get books today. Her classes start Thursday. Paul is going to work today. I have a list of things to do.
While the boys were out waiting for the bus, Seth came to the door with the kitten and asked me if I could go out and hold her because she kept following them to the road. I went out and sat on the steps for a couple of minutes and she soaked up the attention and I found out that she likes to lay on her back and have her belly pet. That didn’t last long because she is a kitten and she wanted to be off exploring. She had to check out a cricket that is under one of the pots on the stairs. Then she was off to climb a tree. While she did that I wound up a cable that was used for the goats but broke and had been attached to a tree. Then she was off into the forsythia. To a little kitten, that’s like a huge jungle. However, being a kitten, it doesn’t take her long to navigate it. She heard the voices of some boys and she had to investigate. I brought her back to the house after Seth gave her a good bye pet. She zoomed over to another tree and climbed up about six feet and then made it half-way down and jumped. After she’d been playing in the tall grass under that tree, the bus came and scared her so she zoomed off under the screen house. At that point, I figured it was safe for me to leave her out so I came back in to finish this up.

And so I will leave you for now. Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment