Friday, September 13, 2013

Comedy of Errors

I don’t know what I’m going to do with my Seth. He just isn’t cut out for the public school system. He often leaves his agenda and folder at school and I think it is as often on purpose as it is an accident. I’m not sure what else to do other than what I already am but that feels woefully short of what is needed. He did not bring either one home last night and does not remember if he had homework.
Yesterday was my comedy of errors day. Well, morning and afternoon/evening; the middle part of the day was good. It actually started Wednesday evening at church when I was talking to Linda Trivett about going to the temple the following day for Julia Froystein. Linda had told me that we would need to be there at 1:00 while I remembered Julia telling me 11:00. Well, both were right, but 1:00 was too late for Linda because she needed to be home when Sarah got home from school.
Yesterday morning I was getting ready to go (which is a fun story in and of itself because I thought I was going to be leaving at 9:30 and needed to get in the shower and Paul was taking forever and didn’t get in the shower himself until 8:30 so I took one in the other bathroom) and Margaret Armstrong called to see if I’d gotten rides figured out because I could ride in with Sariah for 1:00 but I would have to get to their house between 11:15 and 11:20. I said that I was good but weren’t we supposed to be there at 11:00? Well, Julia was to take care of the things she needed to in order to be ready for 1:00. Ohhhhhh. I seeeeeeee. Okay. Well, then.
I called Linda to tell her I’d led her astray and I thought to myself that I now had time to wash my clothes before leaving and I called Armstrong’s back to see if I could take Sariah up on her offer. Then Julia called and wanted to know if she could pick me up on her way to pick up Margaret and I said, well, I’m going to ride in with Sariah. At that point I should have given myself a quick kick and said, YES!!! because there were things I could have done in order to be ready for 1:00 but my brain wasn’t working to well and my clothes were in the washing machine.
At some point in time, the washing machine stopped because it was done and it didn’t even register in my mind; I was busy reviewing phlebotomy and by that time, kicking myself for not going with Julia. Then I looked at the clock. Holy Batman, Robin! It was almost 11:00 and for the life of me, I couldn’t remember when I needed to be to the Armstrong’s. Yikes! I looked at the clothes in the washing machine and said to myself, well, that was a wasted effort, I’ll have to make do with what I can get. I hurried upstairs, changed quickly, made sure I had my driver’s license and recommend and was out the door. Forgot my water and lip balm. Sigh. BIG sigh.
In spite of the fact that I got stuck behind a very slow moving truck on 68, I made it to the Armstrong’s between 11:15 and 11:20 which tells me it’s about 20 minutes to get there without rushing too much (I also ran into slow vehicles on 62—not literally). Once I was at the Armstrong’s, the comedy of errors took a break. The temple was good. Julia was so excited. It was good to be there.
Me, Julia and Margaret.
When we were done, Julia and Margaret wanted pictures and I decided that since I was riding rather than driving, I would just relax and not worry about the boys being late to soccer practice. Life happens. Traffic from Boston to the rotary wherever the heck it is was pretty crazy. After the rotary, it wasn’t bad. We drove by 95 and it was standing still. So glad we didn’t have to get on it.
When I got home, the comedy began again. I checked my email to see if practice for either boy (Seth or Joseph) had been cancelled. There was an email from Seth’s coach and due to the potential for lightening, there was no practice; nothing from Joseph’s coach. So we hurried to find his other soccer sock, found one, got in the van and left. When we got to the field, there were some of the kids on his team playing, but they weren’t having practice. We stayed for just a few minutes and then came home so we could eat. I checked the phone and, sure enough, there was a call from Joseph’s coach. Sigh.
We ate cottage cheese and fruit (peaches and pears) for supper. I checked Joseph’s folder, which was actually Emma Day’s but with Joseph’s papers in it, for homework; there wasn’t any for which I was grateful. I asked Seth if he had homework and he said no. I should have asked to see his folder and agenda then but didn’t. I had the boys get ready for bed and Amena bring in the goats and then we read Mosiah chapter 28 (I think), had family prayer, and it was then time for brushing teeth and going to bed.
Oh, but wait! Cedric had homework he’d forgotten/neglected to do. I told him he had until 9:00 to get it done. I was a math crossword (would that be crossmath) puzzle. I told him I’d help and I did, mostly checking his answers which were mostly right. Then he went to bed. Joanna got home from class and said that her friend Shayna’s sister was having her baby (a month early), and she was thinking about going over. It was raining like crazy out. Then Paul got home and had some things that needed to be put away and then it was 10:00 and I went to bed with a book. Then Paul came to bed and I turned out the light around 11:00. And that was my day.
Joanna took Amena to Kohl’s after school to get a dress for the dance that Amena wants to go to tonight. While they were there, Amena left her glasses in the dressing room. When I got home and she was telling me about it, I have to admit, I was annoyed; I can’t afford to get her another pair of glasses. She said that Joanna had called the store but they only had one pair of glasses in lost and found and they didn’t sound at all like Amena’s. Joanna thought the girl should go and look, but that wasn’t going to happen. I called while the boys were getting ready for bed and, sure enough, they’d just been found. So, they are waiting and I will go pick them up this morning after I go to the chiropractor at 10:00.
And that is what my day looks like. Chiropractor at 10:00 and pick up Amena’s glasses. It looks like I get to pay an insurance bill because there is a check on my computer. Cedric has practice this afternoon. Amena has a dance if she can come up with $5.00 to get in. If she goes to the dance and I find someone to stay with the boys or she does not go to the dance, Paul and I will go out. If she goes to the dance and I do not find someone to stay with the boys, Paul and I will not go out.

Have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment