Friday, September 6, 2013

Yikes!

Good morning! Children are off, dogs are fed, goats are fed, watered, milked and out for the day, Kitty is fed and just got a lot of lovin’ while I held her waiting for the bus to come and beyond since she was pretty into sitting on the lap and getting love.
I’m attempting to remember if anything terribly noteworthy happened to tell you about Wednesday and nothing is coming to mind. Some things happened, but they weren’t earth shattering. Just stuff like talking to Laura while going through the stuff that she didn’t get to. Joanna took Amena to church and they didn’t get back until 10:00. I found a good scripture for that: Hebrews 12:29 “For our God is a consuming fire.” I told Joanna to change “God” to “mother’s wrath” and we would be all set.
Yesterday morning I drove the bug to Springfield. I guess I should correct that. While I have been driving through a bit of Springfield, my actual destination has been Agawam which is a bit south of Springfield. It is actually where the Six Flags is that Joanna took Amena, Cedric and Seth to. Anyway, I took the bug down and it didn’t exhibit either of the problems it had while Paul and I were out last Friday. I told the mechanic that maybe the bug doesn’t like Paul because he said he doesn’t like how far out the windshield is. We are hoping that it coughs while he has it so that he can figure out for sure what the deal is. Paul also said that the gas petal wasn’t responding either which I never had a problem with. We’ll see.
When I got home, there was enough time to get Laura’s box ready to go and talk to Joanna a bit. Yesterday was her first day of classes. She had English at 8:00. I think she would like it if it weren’t for stupid things like brainstorming. I personally don’t see the value of having to brainstorm. Not all of us are wired in such a way that we need it. Or maybe it’s that some of us are stubborn enough to come up with an idea and stick with it whether it’s a good idea or not. Or something. She’s supposed to have a computer with her for class so I guess I get to let her borrow mine. Hooray—so excited about that.
Anyway, I got Laura’s box ready to go and took it to the post office in Hubbardston on my way to pick up Joseph and Seth for their doctor appointments. The shipping was $34.72. Yikes! There is probably enough stuff to fill another box that size (it was a decent sized box, really, about the size of an orange box) as well as some books. The books can go media mail which is a lot less expensive.
By the time we were done with the doctor, it was late enough that taking the boys back to school would have been pointless as it would have been time to get on the bus by the time we got there. Neither of them had any homework since I took them away before school was over so I would expect them both to have some tonight that they wouldn’t normally. Seth had soccer practice at 5:00 and Joseph at 5:30. Everyone’s soccer jerseys came in except Seth’s teams. That’s odd. Team pictures this year are on Sunday which is kind of a pain. Last year they were on Field Day which is a Saturday unless it rains and there were some teams who couldn’t make it because they had games so I understand why they are doing it on Sunday but for those of us who don’t do things like that on Sunday, it’s a pain.
By the time practice was over, it was time to feed children and do the bedtime routine. Good grief. What a day. I didn’t get everything done that I wanted to but I did manage to accomplish a few and today is a new day; I expect to get a few things done today.
This year for lunches, I’ve been telling the boys what is at school and letting them decide if they want lunch from home. It’s been mixed. Today Seth wanted lunch from school while Cedric and Joseph wanted lunch from home. Amena always wants lunch from home which I think is silly because it looks like there are some pretty decent things for lunch at the middle/high school. Still, that’s Amena. I can feel a whole school lunch thing coming on so I think I’ll stop with that.

Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment