Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quick, Quick

Good morning! Seth is not excited to take the goats out (I can’t say I blame him—I wouldn’t be either). Amena is off. Cedric and Joseph are still upstairs. The goat is milked and Kitty is fed.
Yesterday morning I decided it was time to clean out the goat shed. Paul had a countertop that needed to be put in the basement (it had been taking up residence on the front porch and is one of the things that got moved) that was just leaning against the bank of dirt by the door. It had started to sprinkle so I thought it best to get it in as quickly as possible. I thought about cleaning out the goat shed and moving the hay from the basement, that was in the way of the door, to the goat domicile but decided to get the countertop in the basement sooner rather than later. So I got the door opened enough to get the countertop in. Once the boys were gone to school and Paul had left for work and I’d eaten, I set to work (even though I’d done my best to talk myself out of it).
It wasn’t too bad. Most of the stuff was really dry. I used a flat shovel and an empty garbage can at first. The garbage can isn’t huge but it isn’t tiny either (I’m guessing a twenty gallon size because for sure it isn’t 30 or 33) and I filled it up quickly twice and for the rest decided to employ an ice-thing. It has a flat edge that is meant to get ice up with a longer handle than the shovel and it is meant for ice, not goat sheds. Anyway, I ended up getting what I could of what was really stuck to the floor (which was most of it) and then swept, and called it good. I decided to let some combination of boys and Amena get all the hay out of the basement and into the goat shed.
The rest of my morning was spent doing laundry and washing dishes. That was pretty darn exciting. Then I had lunch and finished up some laundry and finished up the dishes and made hot chocolate and decided to read for the hour I had left before my minions started coming home.
Joseph had practice and I took Laura’s computer with me because I was going to give it to someone to fix it but they never showed up. Then we came home and had fish for supper and it was late enough to do all the evening things. Seth ended up taking most of the hay to the goat shed. Joseph helped a little. Cedric put off finishing his homework until bedtime and thought I was going to let him have the light on in the bedroom to finish it. No way, man. He went to the back room because he wasn’t going to sit at the table because I was there and he’d been misbehaving during prayer and scriptures too much.
And that is about it for now. Joanna has class this morning and will be needing my computer (at least I would guess she will because she has every Tuesday and Thursday morning since classes began. That just means I need to hurry up so I’ll be all done with this before she needs to go.
Julia Froystein, Laurie Orzel and I are going to Boston today. At least that was the plan and I’m hoping it still is the plan. I have my clothes all ready this time—no comedy of errors for me, thanks.

Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment