Friday, October 5, 2012

Ahhhh, Yeah


Sorry for the lateness today. Yesterday was quite an uneventful day, well, sort of, and there isn’t much to tell. I do have some pictures that I will be posting and, really, that’s about it. As you will see, there was baking. Other than that, school work and feeding the missionaries. And giving Joanna a ride to work because it was rainy. Hope your day has been good and the rest of it is even better.

The pans. Clockwise from the top: teddy bears, dinosaurs, Cars II, and gravy. That comes into play later.
Sugar.

With butter added. And you can tell over to the left that there was some turbinado sugar left in the sugar jar.

Sugar and butter mixed.

Eggs added. The lighting was really off but, hey, at least you can see.

Eggs beat into the sugar and butter.

Bananas. Perhaps my least favorite fruit.
 
Ready to be  mooshed.

Mooshed. This is the second half. The first half had already gone into the bowl.
Bananas added.

Bananas and water mixed in.

Everything else added.

Cars II pan full up.

Dinosaur pan full up.
That's all that will fit in the oven at one time and I don't fill up the cast iron until ready to put in the oven.

Used measuring utensils. I finally have almost enough glass measuring cups and I do have enough stainless steel measuring cups. Measuring spoons I'm not sure if there can be enough.
Sorry, no pictures of the final product. I think I've posted them in another post so if you really want to see, you can look around. Or, let me know and I'll take pictures next time.

Here is where the gravy comes in. It got added to the pan of canned beef and vegetables to look like this:

Which I think looks much better than it did before the addition of gravy.

Then a crust.
Awesome and groovy, eh?
And I didn't think to take a picture of the final product of this pot pie. Mainly because it was going straight to the table because it was time to eat. Anyway, that's what we fed the missionaries. Ask me sometime about the last time before yesterday that we fed the missionaries pot pie. It has to do with Daniel and a chicken.

And that was yesterday. More about today soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment