Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Headache


Good morning! It’s still dark out and it must be cloudy because it sprinkled on us all the way to and from Gardner (just enough to need to wipe upon occasion which is annoying because the intermittent settings don’t work in the Aries). I let the canine girls out before we left so they could do their thing so hopefully they’re set for now and won’t miss too badly a walk because I don’t feel like getting wet. I think a couple of boys wanted to be woken up this morning so I’ll go do that and be back for a bit before getting ready to milk.

It appears that they both wanted to go for a walk because when I went in that direction in order to go upstairs, they both followed and indicated that they expected to go out. I let them out but they wanted back in before I’d gotten all the way up the stairs. Silly girls. Cedric and Seth did want to be woken up. I’ll go do that duty for Amena and Joseph in about 13 minutes.

Class last night was class. I didn’t want to go just because I didn’t want to go. In spite of getting lots of sleep the night before, I was tired and tried to fall asleep during the video we watched after lecture. Waiting to practice sticking and being stuck wasn’t too exciting. We get to go home after we’ve done that so maybe I should have gotten right in there and done it. On the other hand, then I would have had to wait even longer for Joanna to get out of work. My biggest problem was the massive headache I had. I don’t usually get headaches but I sure had one yesterday. It started when I was looking at a book that smelled of cigarette smoke and got worse throughout the day until class when it worsened exponentially. When Joanna and I got home, we made fried potatoes with hot sausage because neither one of us wanted stroganoff and I drank lots of water (which I also did while waiting half an hour for Joanna to get out of work) and I took a headache pill. Then I took a quiz for phlebotomy which I somehow had completely forgotten about. Then I thought about commenting on the reading for English but no one else had yet and I didn’t want to be the first one two weeks in a row. We are supposed to comment by 11:30 pm the night before class so technically, this morning is too late. However, last week, everyone who commented other than myself did so the morning before class. I don’t get that. At all. This is an honors class and these people can’t follow directions.

Well, time to get ready for milking and then I’ll run upstairs and make sure Amena and Joseph are awake and getting up.

Joseph is now sitting at the table eating (it’s 7:14) but Amena is still upstairs; she has not yet graced us with her presence. Cedric is done eating and Seth is working on it. The goats are milked, the dogs have done their outside duty and either have or are eating. Well, almost. Trista has eaten because she’s something like a pig but Scooter’s is still in the bowl because she is like Seth: easily distracted. I don’t think she likes the food much, either. There are still four bags of grapes and four little cakes (two dinosaurs and two cars) waiting to be grabbed up. Paul is still abed as is Laura. Joanna should be home soon. I am eating shredded wheat between sentences. I love the original shredded wheat; the bite-sized, not so much.

Yesterday Laura and I went to Walmart to get the right stuff that she wanted. I was going to return the wrong stuff that I’d gotten the day before but didn’t have the receipt. I’ve been debating on whether or not I should just keep it because you never know when something like that might be needed AND I hate returning things.

Today I have, as usual, school work. Lots of reading. The essay that’s due next week. Fun stuff like that. And, of course, English to go to.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment