Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Untitled


Good morning! We’re off to an unusual start thus far. Joanna spent the night at a coworker’s house last night so I didn’t have to take her to Gardner this morning. My alarm went off at 6:00 and it was still dark so I didn’t hurry to get out of bed which means I didn’t get up until 6:20. While it felt nice to stay in bed for an extra hour this morning, it wasn’t long enough. Paul stopped by Matthew’s apartment and loaded the van up with stuff. Mostly stuff he thought we could use or stuff that we can give away. There were some plants including two spiders, a philodendron, and a couple of Christmas cactus types. Paul said he used to have some but killed them. Grandma, I think we need you to come take care of them. Maybe we’ll get along okay if you just tell me what you’ve done with yours because I’ve never had one before. On the other hand . . .

Because I got up late and it was starting to get light out, the girls and I did go for a walk. I figured they would need to because they’ve been having accidents pretty regularly during the night. This is something I do not understand because they go out at night before we go to bed and they go out in the morning, sometimes before Joanna and I leave. In spite of this, in the last week or so, I’ve had messes to clean up about two thirds of the time. I do not like cleaning up messes.

Because I got up late, the milking happened late. When I came in the with canine girls, Cedric still hadn’t washed the milking bucket. He did by the time I fed the dogs and got stuff ready to go out and the bucket was washed so I went out and got that done after I made sure people were getting up to get ready for school. When I got in from milking, I had to go back upstairs and make sure they were getting up.

Yesterday I got almost everything done on my list. I did not finish reading the chapter for marketing I wanted to and because I didn’t get that done, I did not do my questions for the group project. I also did not make banana bread but that just means the bananas will be even more ready today than they were yesterday.

Last night was phlebotomy. We got to draw on each other which was fun. I hit gold first time. I’m not sure it’s quite fair to say first though since I have actually drawn twice before. Not that that makes a whole lot of difference. When I started the class last fall, I stayed for two classes and we drew on the mannequin and I did not hit anything. This time I did. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing. There were a lot of missing people last night so I am wondering if they are no longer in class or if they were just missing. There were an odd number of people last night so it meant someone had to be drawn twice. Pretty exciting, that. If we wanted to stay and go again if we could find someone who didn’t mind being stuck again, we could. If not, we were free to leave once we were done. I chose to leave because I still had some reading to do at home.
My tourniquet. Isn't it lovely?

Yesterday I made fudge. It turned out okay. I mean, it’s edible and tastes alright but it is not exactly the way fudge should be. There is a reason for this. It is called Adam came over and so I was messing around in the kitchen until I had nothing left to do (I could have done more but the dishes hadn’t been finished so the bowl I needed for banana bread was still dirty) and then I went upstairs to read a marketing chapter while the fudge was cooling. Rather than going down to check it often enough, I kept thinking to myself, oh, another page, it won’t be cool enough yet. By the time I checked it, it was cool enough alright—it had cooled so much it didn’t really want to come out of the pan.

Today I have English and stuff to do at home and now a whole bunch of stuff to put away or throw away or feed the goats or feed the dogs. Hooray.

Becky and Jay, I need pictures from Sioux Falls. You can email them to me please.

AD, isn’t it nice to save money when you don’t expect to? I sure like it when that happens.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment