Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Things Can Only Get Better

Shhhh! Only positive thoughts!

Good morning! All I really want right now is to go back to bed but at this point, I would probably sleep in and we’d have another morning similar to yesterday which we do not need.

Sunday was Sunday. We went to church in two vehicles because as you recall, the van wouldn’t start last Wednesday and the battery charger decided to stop working and Paul hadn’t taken the time to jump it and I certainly wasn’t going to add that to my list of things to do before leaving. Laura had spent the night at the Beaudette’s because the YSA had gotten back late and no one was coming this far west (it’s a common problem). Paul was still in the shower when the rest of us were ready to go so we all went in the Aries. Paul followed in the Jetta when he was finally ready. After church, Amena had a meeting so Paul waited for her and the rest of us, minus Laura, went home again in the Aries. Laura went to the Beaudette’s again because there was some kind of a fireside in Boston at 7:00 and if she was already that far East, she wouldn’t have to find a ride. I’m not sure how she got home, but she did sometime around 11:00. Everyone six to eighteen had BLTs for lunch and Paul and I had steak with peppers and onions.

I spent entirely too much time attempting to download a program so that we could watch The Walking Dead Sunday evening. We still don’t have television service, which I’m still not unhappy about, so we couldn’t watch it on the television. There were a couple of places to watch it online, but you had to download something and I should have known that wouldn’t work because the connection is so slow. It didn’t work and we ended up not watching it. I even downloaded Netflix because somewhere it said The Walking Dead was watchable there. Well, it is, but only season one when I was looking. Since Laura and Joanna were up until almost two this morning watching movies on it, I’m going to get rid of it. I don’t have time to watch movies and people around here don’t need any more ways to waste time.

Yesterday was perhaps the epitome of crappy days. It started out okay but with a kink as I got to take the seminarians to Ashburnham since Ruth didn’t have her car. It isn’t bad taking them and I don’t really mind but it makes me very late for milking and makes me gone when the kids should be getting up and ready for school. Laura was supposed to help with that but she’d turned her phone off and was still asleep when Joanna and I got home. Paul was up though and all the boys were in various stages of being ready. They all managed to finish eating and getting ready and I got snacks out and then I headed out to milk. The bus came while I was milking and I thought everyone stood a chance of missing it but when you are outside, you hear it really well the two stops it makes before here. They all got on safely and were away. I finished milking. Because I was late, there was more milk than the day before but other than that, it was uneventful.

One thing about yesterday morning was the temperature. I put my jacket on when Joanna and I left and it was way too warm for that. The radio said it was almost 60 degrees which is rather warm for the season. It was warm all day. It would have been a nice day to go outside and get things done if I didn’t have so much other stuff to do.

After I ate, I took a shower and got ready to go to school. Forgetting how warm it was, I dressed for the temperature in the house (which was substantially less than outside) which means a turtle neck and sweater. Joanna wanted to practice driving so she was going to drive me to school and then wait for me to get out of class and then drive home. Well, we got in the Aries to go, and it wouldn’t start. I guess one of the boys or Amena didn’t get a door shut all the way or something and the battery was dead. Again. Major annoyance. I’d been planning on leaving early to put some gas in since it was very low (we’d taken the Jetta to Ashburnham because it was so low and I didn’t want to take the time to get gas at 5:30 in the morning). Even though she didn’t drive it, Joanna went with me in the Jetta. Class was good, we talked about a couple of poems that I like by Langston Hughes, but I was overdressed and way too warm. Hot, even. After class, Laura found a jumper cable and we used the Jetta to jump the Aries.

The plan was to go to get Adam, let him get done what he needed to for insurance, go to the RMV so he could register the Aries and I could register the Toyota. Well, in order to do this, the Aries had to be running. I tried starting it a couple of times and it wouldn’t so I decided to take my accounting test because it had to be taken yesterday. I got on Blackboard and went to the test and it informed me that it had expired as of 11:55 am.  What!!!! They’re supposed to be good until 11:30 pm the days they close. I called the teacher, she said she was working on it, give her five minutes. I did and went in and decided to take it. As soon as I opened it and it was too late to go back, I wished I hadn’t decided to take it. Oh well. Only one way to go and that was forward so I did. What I did not do, is well on the test. Worst score ever. Not happy about that.

The Aries finally started. I called Adam and Laura and I left. Laura went because she’d been to where Adam’s living and I hadn’t so she was my navigator. We picked him up, I let him drive, we went to Hubbardston because that’s where his insurance is, dropped Laura off, left for the RMV. By the time we got there, it was 4:30. I really didn’t feel like going in although perhaps I should have. My day wasn’t turning out to be a very good one and I didn’t really want it to be worse by going in there and everyone knows that going in the RMV could. It’s just a fact of life. Anyway, after Adam got the Aries registered, he stopped by his house to get Ryan’s car seat and then took me home. It was not sad watching the Aries leave.

Supper had already happened and the kids were just about done with reading scriptures. In spite of the fact that they’d been watching too many movies lately, I let them watch one. I did cut it short though and made the boys go work on cleaning their room. They need that to be done before any more movies get watched. Cedric came downstairs almost in tears about 8:30 because Laura and Joanna were watching movies. We told him that they are older but when they were still watching movies when Joseph came to me at 1:30 in the morning, I decided that enough is enough. They didn’t get the dishes done so they certainly ought not to have been watching any movies.

On the AMC website, they had a link where you could watch Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead so Paul and I did. We were done by 10:10 though and in bed by 10:20. I was asleep before 11:00. Wow. It should be an interesting season. I don’t generally like much that is on television but I do like The Walking Dead. It gives a person much to think about. I didn’t watch the first few episodes of the first season because after watching part of one, I thought it looked too strange and somewhat gross. Paul liked it though and kept watching so eventually, I gave it another try. Now I really like it but mainly because it gives a person a lot to think about (I know, like I need more to think about). I like Breaking Bad for the same reason. However, I understand that the ‘stars’ of it think they need more money and so the very short season that just ended may be all she wrote. If they get more money, there are supposed to be a few more episodes. We’ll see. It’s things like ‘stars’ wanting more money that kind of turn me off because if they need more money to do what they do, what do I need?

And that brings us to today. I took Joanna to Gardner. The dogs have been out to do their thing. It’s time for me to go wake everyone up and then milk. The goats are letting me know that it is time. Today almost has to be better than yesterday.

Have a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment