Wednesday, October 17, 2012

This is What Happens When You've Been Sitting at the RMV Too Long


Today is the last day to register to vote in the presidential election next month. Guess what Joanna will be doing in a couple of hours?

Well, did anyone watch the second presidential debate last night? I actually did in spite of the fact that I wasn’t sure I wanted to. Seriously, I usually cannot stand listening to Obama’s voice. Last night wasn’t so bad, I think because he was not using a teleprompter and therefore wasn’t having pauses in odd places. I liked the moderator for this debate much better than the woman for the VP debate. It was hard to get these guys to shut up upon occasion but generally, I think she did an okay job. I really would like to read a transcript of the whole thing before I make further comments because I don’t want to fall into the same trap that we heard last night of saying that someone said or did one thing when in reality, something else was said or done. In the very least, it was interesting as is much of what happens in life.

Cold morning today. There was frost all over the Jetta. Not thick, though. It was nice to have the heated seat. We were going to take the Toyota BUT Laura didn’t get the plates on like I asked her (which is understandable because I asked her to after I arrived early at school yesterday evening which would have been a very busy time here). Not to mention we may have taken the Jetta anyway because I’ve only driven the Toyota once and that was in the daylight. I really don’t like driving an unfamiliar vehicle when it is dark.

Yesterday was better than the day before. I had a phlebotomy test that I didn’t do as well as I’d have liked but at least I did better than on the accounting test I flopped. Jonathan and Elizabeth were going to come over after his appointment with a chiropractor in Hubbardston but then ended up coming over before. They got here while I was taking my test. Then I needed to shower because I needed to take Joanna to work and my plan was to continue on to the RMV. Laura went with me so she could see the Navy recruiter and get her birth certificate back but he wasn’t there and is transferring out soon. Hopefully they’ll have someone to take his place very soon; I don’t like the idea of leaving something like a BC anywhere. Oh, AJ, we saw a car that made me (and Laura—she actually pointed it out: “Hey, Mom, it’s a car your aunt might like”) think of you. It was a purple Charger. Funny thing is that on my way to class yesterday evening, I saw another purple car; looked like a Toyota but all I saw was the back. The Charger was much cooler as it was older and just generally a much more awesome kind of car.

Sitting at the RMV was a blast as always. We only had to wait for about an hour so their estimated wait time of 55 minutes wasn’t too far off. Paul said the Insurance Place told him it would be less expensive to get new plates than to transfer but Adam’s had been less to transfer so when I got up to the window, I said, “I need to register a vehicle and transfer plates or get new ones and turn in old ones, whichever is less expensive.” Well, that’s not exactly what I said, but you get the general idea. As it turns out, because the registration was due this month, it was cheaper to get new ones so that’s what I did. They’re still waiting to be put on. I should go bug Laura about that. I’d like to take Joanna to register to vote before class but at the rate things seem to go around here, it will be after.
THIS is what happens when I have run out of other things to do while waiting at the RMV.
Awesome socks, eh? Grandma made them.
 
In spite of being a better day, I did not get done everything that I had hoped and right now I need to get ready to milk.

Now it is 7:39. The bus should be here at any moment. Are all children ready? Heck no!

Fast forward: the bus is gone and unless someone is hiding upstairs, everyone managed to get out there. No snacks today though. Half-day though. Fun times.

Phlebotomy was fun last night. Sort of. I printed out the lecture slides and then somehow managed to not get them with me to class. I’m not sure where they are but I’ll have to find them today and transfer my notes to them. Drawing blood is always an experience. We were supposed to draw two people but they kept slipping out so I ended up only doing one. We also were supposed to do two tubes, in the correct order according to color (different color tops, different additives) and mix the blood. I think I did pretty well. The woman I drew said it didn’t hurt and was smooth. I remembered to take the tourniquet off once the first tube was on. Once the second tube was on, I gently mixed the blood in the first. It’s actually kind of fun.

Today much to be done. Lots of reading. Lots of studying. I do not want any repeats of these two bad tests. In my defense, I never seem to get the short answer questions right for phlebotomy because if the exact answer isn’t supplied, it is wrong. For example, on the one before this one, I didn’t but an ‘s’ on a word so it was counted as wrong. Fortunately, the teacher goes through and gives credit for things like that.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment