Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fun and Excitement


7:41 pm

Well, it’s a bit later than I usually write, but that’s okay. We had a cold, busy morning and the day continued busy until supper-time so I have a little time now and thought I would utilize it.

The world was white with frost when I got up. Laura needed a ride to Princeton this morning so she could go to Boston for a Young Single Adult Temple Conference. Since Joseph had a soccer game at 8:30, we had to take Laura early enough to be back to Hubbardston in time. That meant leaving at 7:45 which meant no dilly dallying about getting goats milked. Milking wasn’t a problem, it was just cold. If you recall, I use wet paper towels to wipe off their udders before milking. Well, this morning, being so cold, the paper towels were frozen by the time I needed them. I tried warming one up in my hand but that didn’t work very well. I tried breathing on one and that didn’t work very well either. At the soccer game (of which I got no pictures and Joseph’s team lost 4 to 6), everyone was cold. Most of the kids had hats and mittens or gloves. Joseph will next week. I was fine other than my hands. When I got my new phone, the guy at the Verizon store said that if I could handle going to a completely touch screen, that’s the way of the future. I said, sure, no problem but the reason I like the physical keyboard is because in the cold, the touch screens don’t respond if you have gloves or mittens on and sometimes my fingers are so cold that they don’t work.

I need to go pick Joanna up now so I should be back relatively soon.

8:23 pm

Joanna is home eating her supper from Friendlys. The other day she worked until 12:30 in the morning for the dishes person. Because she’s never been trained to do that, she couldn’t clock in for doing it so she had to clock in for doing fountain which is about $2 an hour less so the manager for the night gave her certificates for seven free meals because she said Joanna did not get paid enough.

Time flies when you are having fun. Paul got home and had a few bags of stuff that Joanna and I brought in and I put away. That was pretty exciting. Now Joanna has gone to bed and Paul is waiting for water to boil for tea. Laura still isn’t home and the boys and Amena are all abed. Amena is probably reading because that is what she does, but at least she is in bed.

Today was a dish and clothes extravaganza. The dishes hadn’t been completely finished since Tuesday and clothes just pile up with as many people as there are around here. Amena folded five loads. Four were washed yesterday and the day before. One was dried today. I folded two loads that were washed and dried today. Right now there is a load of towels in the drier and a load of delicates in the washer. More excitement.

Paul went this morning to pick up the missionaries so they could come help split and stack wood. They did that for about three hours. I used an entire gallon of milk to make hot chocolate so we had quite a bit. We fed them leftovers for lunch. Adam has committed to buying the Aries so Paul got the Toyota out from the corner of the field where it was hiding. Once we have money from the Aries, we can get the Toyota registered. I’m pretty sure it needs a sticker as well which should be more fun and excitement.

I think there was more I was going to say but by now, my brain is telling me that it is time to go to bed. That means more fun and excitement. A little reading. A little music maybe. A little sleep. Oh yeah.

I hope you all sleep well and have a peaceful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment