Thursday, October 18, 2012

Better Late Than Never


Good afternoon! It is quite a bit later than usual but at least I’m here. I got just about nothing done yesterday school wise. I did manage to finish reading a marketing chapter but that was it. Terrible. Complete lack of motivation and too much other stuff to do. I think the lack of motivation is partly due to the lack of sleep. This morning, once the younger half of the children were on the bus, I went back to bed. Paul was still in, attempting to wake all the way up. We talked for a bit and then he got up and showered, etc. I fell asleep. An hour later, I heard voices downstairs and realized it was Adam and Paul talking. I was kind of surprised that Paul was still here but was still tired enough not to give it much thought. Then Joanna sent me a text message asking if I could go pick her up as she’d spent the night at a friend’s. So, Laura and I went to do that since Laura had been there and knew how to get there. Joanna sent directions that were very good as well so I would have been fine without Laura but that’s okay. Just before we left, Paul said that when we got back, the truck would need to be emptied out and if Adam was still here, he and I could take the truck back to the mechanic because the transmission fluid leak was very bad. When we got back, Adam said that Paul had gone ahead and unloaded and he and Paul had taken the truck because Paul said it was so much worse just driving it down the hill that he didn’t want us to have to deal with it.

Yesterday morning, I took Joanna to Gardner. That was the first of many little trips. We took the Jetta because the plates weren’t on the ‘new’ car yet. It is not a Toyota, as previously mentioned. It is a Geo which I guess is more closely related to a Chevrolet. So, no Toyota. Laura put the plates on and then Joanna and I went to Hubbardston town offices so she could register to vote. That took about five minutes and we came home. Then I went to class which was very interesting. Hubbardston had an early release day yesterday so children were home when I got home from school. Seth and Cedric had soccer practice at 3:00 so we went to that. Laura and Joseph went as well. Laura so that she could make sure she was registered to vote and Joseph because he wanted to play. I took my marketing book and did read some but slept more. I was so tired. We came home and did this and that which included taking Joanna to work and then started making macaroni and cheese for supper but then it was time for Joseph to go to soccer practice. Laura and Amena finished making the macaroni and cheese and the boys and I went to the rec field. Joseph had his practice while Seth and Cedric (who had gone because Laura would be leaving before we got home and I was not about to have them home with Amena and no one older to supervise) played at the playground. We got home, ate, got ready to go to church and left. At church, I managed to finish reading my marketing chapter and one page of a phlebotomy chapter.

Laura got home later and Paul got home even later. I was so tired. I went to bed and fell asleep and was still tired in the morning.

After my nap and picking Joanna up this morning, I put some whites on to wash so I could take a shower. After my shower, Laura and I took Joanna to work and then went to the bank and then went to Friendlys for lunch. Joanna has got to be the cutest server ever! Oh my goodness! Anyway, we got too much food and had to bring home most of our actual lunch. We ate our appetizer and ice-cream though. Well, most of it.
This is Laura's mint ice-cream. Notice the whipped cream and cherry on top. Joanna had to do the ice-cream herself I guess because noone else was in fountain.

This is my Hunka Chunka Lava Cake Sunday. Or something like that. I don't know why the pictures turned out so yellow. Laura took one and it was fine but I can't seem to open it on my phone to save it.

When we got home, I was so full I felt sick and, since I was still tired, I went upstairs and went to bed. I actually fell asleep again too. Then the phone rang and I got up to see who it was. It wasn’t anyone I wanted to talk to but it was getting latish so I got up. It was really nice out so I got my phlebotomy book and took it outside and started reading. The phone rang again and it was Joseph’s Primary teacher. Sunday she asked if I would sit with her class during the Primary presentation because she’s going to watch her grandkids do theirs in Greenfield. I said I would and she said she’d bring me her copy of the program sometime this week. She was calling to make sure I was home before she came out. She and her husband came on his motorcycle and we visited for a few minutes. The bike scared Trista which would have been funny if she weren’t so scared. I had almost finished my chapter when the bus arrived and life became chaotic again.

Right now Laura and the boys are somewhere between here and the sand pit nearest the house. I won’t let them go alone so they love it when someone older will go with them. I need to get supper going so I will be on to that.

I hope you have had a wonderful day so far and that it continues to be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment