Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paul and Senator Scott Brown

This is Paul and Senator Scott Brown. He is the man who was successful at helping us get our tickets refunded after the accident last year. Paul reports that they were on the news but since we don't get television at the moment, we weren't able to watch it. Pretty cool.

Well, you may have noticed that I did not get anything posted this morning. I don’t think I’ve had writer’s block because all I ever do is write about what we’re doing and what I think. Well, sort of. Sometimes I don’t really feel like writing but it isn’t because there is nothing to say, it’s just because I don’t feel like writing. Sometimes I just sit down and write whatever the heck I feel like for no particular reason and that sometimes turns out quite interestingly.

Yesterday in English I had a presentation. The material I was covering was two very interesting essays. One, “The Negro-Art Hokum” by George S. Schuyler and the other “The Negro Artist and the Racial Mountain” by Langston Hughes. Hughes is a well-known poet and I have read and like many of his poems. These essays were interesting in that Schuyler wrote his and it appeared in The Nation in 1926 and in the next issue was Hughes’ reply. They are almost polar opposites and both make points that I agree with and that I disagree with. What I did, is divide the class up into three groups. This worked well as there were thirteen of us in class. The first group got to argue Hughes’ point of view and the second group Schuyler’s. The third group got to come up with questions to ask the others. It turned out pretty well. Some good points were brought up.

I’m trying to remember what else I did yesterday and nothing is really coming to mind. I took Joanna to work. I took Amena and Cedric to Walmart (so Amena could get something that she ended up not finding) and Friendly’s (so Cedric could get a free one-scoop ice-cream cone). I got some school work done but not a whole lot. I need to get some stuff done one of these days because I haven’t gotten much done today either. I picked Joanna up after work. I went to bed.

This morning I took a shower so I could go to kindergarten. Actually, I had to dry some clothes so I could take a shower so I worked on accounting for a while before showering. Then I went to kindergarten which was fun. Then I went to get a sticker for the Geo (are they more related to Toyota or Chevrolet?). It passed after having the wiper on the passenger side replaced which was good. Then I went home to get some paper so that I could work on more accounting while in Worcester waiting for Joseph. Then I got home in time to get ready to go to class this evening and went. While there, we went over the second half of last week’s lecture. That was exciting. I was tired. When it came time to draw, I was again bloodless and being tired showed; I hit gold (so to speak) but didn’t go in far enough so the needle came out when I was changing tubes. So, not bad altogether. I’ve hit blood 100% of the time and I’ve been successful at getting my tubes done right 75% of the time.

Right now I should be getting on to something else. I have much I need to do and need to spend all day tomorrow and Friday doing it. I will be off right now. Have a wonderful evening and whatever part of tomorrow happens until I write at you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment