Friday, October 26, 2012

Cloudy October Day


And a good morning to you all! So far a good day other than a little tiff between Amena and Cedric caused by Cedric invading the girls’ room and the subsequent overreacting by both of them. Such is life. Joanna just got home. She usually gets home before this but I think this morning was a slow one for the seminary kids. Nick and Jared have their ROTC overnighter at school tonight and did not get ready last night. They both waited until this morning. Joanna said that they (she and Ruth) waited for Jared until 6:00 which made them VERY late for seminary. Nick ended up not going because he didn’t have time to finish packing. Had I been driving, I would have left them both for not being ready.

It’s been a little slow in other ways as well. Which is not always a bad thing. Everyone (everyone being Amena, Cedric, Seth and Joseph) got up and got dressed and ate. Everyone more or less cleaned up their messes and did their dishes. Seth should have wiped the table where he sat and Joseph should have washed his bowl. They all got out and were waiting for the bus on time so it didn’t have to wait. The only thing that did not happen is Cedric and Seth getting their shoes and socks ready for soccer. Hopefully I’ll be able to find them.

Today I need to get eggs at noon. I have to take Joanna to work and she starts at noon. From there, I’ll go straight to the egg place and hopefully be able to buy lots of eggs. Then this afternoon Cedric and Seth have soccer practice. Other than that, I’ll be working on accounting until it’s done and then I’ll be working on marketing until it’s done. Then I’ll be working on English which should be pretty easy and then phlebotomy. Then I have a couple of assignments from Anji for when we meet again on the 8th of November.

We are supposed to possibly have the ‘perfect’ storm this coming week. If hurricane Sandy, a cold blast from Canada and something from the west all hit at the same time as is predicted, we could have footage of snow in the ‘mountains’ and inches elsewhere, a billion dollars of damage, and no electricity for upwards of a week. I believe that we are going to spend much of Saturday getting ready for it. If it happens, we’ll be ready. If it doesn’t happen, we’ll be ready for the next one.

Yesterday morning Adam came over for a bit. He got here just as Paul was leaving for work and said he’d unload the truck. He left just before 11:00 and forgot to unload the truck. Paul wants to get one last load of stuff from Sha Nan’s before this storm hits so that he can get it out now rather than waiting for spring. I think it’s a good idea. The missionaries ended up unloading most of the stuff that was in the truck when they came over so that worked out okay.

Nick came over yesterday as well. His grandma was babysitting for his uncle and he came over here rather than staying home alone or staying at his uncles’ house. We fed him and the missionaries burritos/tacos because we had lots of beans, rice, and hamburger cooked and everything else that we needed and we needed to get some stuff used up in order to have room in a refrigerator. There is no point in getting eggs if there is no room in the inn. We were successful in using up lots of stuff. Not quite as much as I’d have liked but I didn’t really want people to eat so much that they’d be sick either. I didn’t have time to make dessert and Laura didn’t surprise us with any so we didn’t have any.

My meeting with Anji yesterday was nice. We talked for 15 or 20 minutes before Lucinda and Robyn joined us. They were actually there (at Panera) but were catching up on their things first. Patti is the other member of their team. She is the L&D nurse and she has got a head full of dreadlocks. Dark, dark ones. Naturally dark, from the looks of it which is cool. Considering she just had three grandbabies within the last three months and must therefore be old enough to be a grandmother, I would say that turning grey is not in her genetics. As I mentioned, I will be meeting with just Anji in a couple of weeks. She wants me to think about how far is too far to travel which for a midwife attending homebirths is a legitimate concern. I will also get to go through her bag and enlighten her as to how much I do or do not know. I think I need to do some reviewing. I know I need to do some reviewing. But that will be fun.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments: