Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Day Unlike Any Other


Sunday evening. Should I or shouldn’t I? I guess I will even though I’m not sure how long it will last or what I am going to say. I have the hiccups. Paul just got home from taking Jonathan and Elizabeth home. All children are abed although that does not mean that they are asleep—boys probably, girls most likely not.

Church was pretty good. Laura helped teach Seth’s Primary class today. What fun that was. Five boys, two girls. The girls were very well behaved, the boys were a handful. Seth was good but probably at least in part due to my telling him that I didn’t want to teach his class if he behaved like he did the last time I did. Nick came over after church as well as Jonathan and Elizabeth so we had a houseful for lunch or whatever you call a meal in the middle of the afternoon.

We had to take two vehicles to church because the van is still around the corner and down the highway. It was supposed to be done last night and may have been but the guy said it might not be until 10:30 which would be a bit late for picking up. I took the boys in the Jetta and Paul took the girls in the truck. After, Paul took the boys, Joanna and Nick in the truck and I waited with Laura and Amena for Jonathan and Elizabeth to have tithing settlement. That took about forever but we finally got home and ate paprika chicken with mushrooms and pasta and green salad. I made bread but it wasn’t ready and turned out funny besides. I’m not surprised because of how it was behaving this morning but as long as I put it away, it will still be edible.
This is the paprika chicken sprinkled with paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder waiting to be cooked.

This is the paprika chicken cooking. Once it is done in the frying pan, I transfer it to another and cook some of the onions and mushrooms. Once they're done, I dump them on top of the chicken. Then I cook more chicken and repeat the whole process until I've used up the chicken. Today I did it in three batches. If we had a smaller family (which would be incredibly boring) I would do it all in the one frying pan. I was going to get a picture of the finished product but we wanted to eat and did not want to wait for me to take a picture of the food. Sorry.

The cake and ice-cream turned out good. I’ve got pictures that I’ll get off the camera of the ice-cream. It is Neapolitan and I did make it. There is a good reason for occasionally buying big things of ice-cream—sometimes you need the containers for when you make your own. The container I used was a gallon and a quart and it was full to the top so we got a substantial amount of ice-cream.
What do you think? Chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Turned out pretty good.

Elders Jones and Sanchez wanted to come over this afternoon sometime so Elder Jones could get a picture of him with us because he is leaving Wednesday. He’s going, of all places, to Cambridge. City. Yuck. I understand it’s really not bad but it’s still city so it’s still yuck to me. While they were still here, our home teachers, Rich Troop and David Alexander, came over so we really had quite a dining room full of people for a while. The elders had to go eventually and then our home teachers left. Brother Troop took Nick home so that just left Jonathan and Elizabeth. We watched a movie—Silent Night. It’s the story of how the song came into being. Although the movie is a bit dry, it is a good story.

Tomorrow morning Joseph has a dentist appointment at 8:00 again. Hopefully the roads aren’t too bad because I’d like for him to go and get it done so we’ll be done with all the fun of the dentist until Cedric, Amena and I get to go in February. I have my last English class tomorrow and I need to take my accounting final. I can do that once I’m home from class and should be finished by the time kiddos get home from school. I need to get legal papers wrapped up and in the mail for filing. Amena gets to be dropped off at school for caroling at 6:30 and will get a ride home from a triplet mom or future step-father. Then I get to head to New Hampshire (and Joanna is going too, she says) to pick up my mother from the airport. I think we’re going to have to hang her from the ceiling but it will be nice to have her here. Joanna has another driving test in the morning. I can’t take her because I have class so Adam is. I hope she passes. Anyway, that is tomorrow.

I hope you have had a restful Sunday and have a spectabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment