Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Can We Light the Fire Yet?


Now I understand completely why Saturday Seth kept asking if we could light the fire; all morning I wanted to light the fire. I couldn’t get warm. Now I’m home from the clinical part of the phlebotomy final and am boiling some water for tea because it sounds good. Except that it will be hot and now I’m hot and something cool sounds really good too. I think I’ll just live with the tea and go to bed as soon as I’m done here.

Another short day as far as writing goes again. AD, thanks for the idea for the leather; I would never have thought of slipper soles. It would be perfect for that though since none of the pieces are all that large.

Seth and Joseph stayed home again. I was thinking about having Seth go to school but decided against it. They keep seeming like they’re getting better and then they don’t. It is definitely cyclic and I really hope that it isn’t the virus I heard about that sticks around for two or three or four or five weeks. At some point I may have to take us to the doctor but if it’s a virus, there really isn’t much they can do about it. We’ll see how everything looks in the morning. All I do know is that it isn’t a sore throat as in tonsillitis or strep throat. Joseph and Seth had sore throats from post nasal drip and coughing. They were (probably still are) plenty red but no spots have been evident. My throat hasn’t been sore although I have been coughing; maybe because I’ve been drinking so much water.

Joanna had work today, as usual. Laura turned an application in at CAP (Consumer Auto Parts) today and is going to do one at Friendly’s tomorrow. Laura is currently at a Young Single Adult Christmas party in Amherst. Joanna is using Laura’s computer since Laura isn’t here which is nice because it means she isn’t using mine. Amena, Cedric, Seth and Joseph are all abed. All is quiet which is nice but it is unlikely Amena is asleep. In bed perhaps, but not asleep. Paul isn’t home yet. He has a bad habit of stopping at various stores on his way home. He had the Jetta which needed fuel so maybe he is taking care of that.

Jonathan came over today because someone was supposed to stop by who supposedly wants to buy his car. They never showed up which is rather rude. Jonathan was able to do a couple of chores that Paul needed done though so that was nice. Paul brought a couch home yesterday. It’s a parchment color which Joanna doesn’t like. Laura and I took out the dilapidated blue one that had to have a door under the cushions to keep people from sinking in. I used to like it but it’s too hard now and sitting on it for any length of time is unpleasant. I like the lighter color because it lightens up the living room a bit.

All I accomplished school-wise is doing some online stuff for accounting. All it really is is answering a bunch of questions to help learn the material covered in the chapter. Pretty exciting. I kept missing them so it seemed like it took forever to finish because I like to keep going until I get them all right (they keep giving you questions until you are able to answer the ones you missed). I read a chapter for English but think that I’m going to not go to class tomorrow unless I feel a lot better. I started reading a chapter for marketing but need to finish it. I also need to start working on my final paper for English. I’m definitely not going to get that done tonight.

Anyway, that’s that. I hope you are having or had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment