Friday, December 14, 2012

Sunny December Day (hard to believe the end of the world is just around the corner)


Well, good morning! I finished going through the pictures on the blogs and deleting those not used. Some of them, I really wonder why I had them there. I still probably don’t have that much room for more but at least a few will fit. Now I’m working on consolidating which takes about forever because if there is a way to move more than one picture at a time, I have yet to discover it. So, I’ve been moving one picture at a time from one folder to another. My goal is to have one folder for each month; there were five for October.

Paul is off to work. He stopped at the Verizon store in Leominster to get his phone switched. His old one was in the process of dying so he got one off of ebay for less than $80.00 (which was nice because it would have cost more than $300.00 at Verizon). I told him we could activate it but unless he wanted to save his contacts online, he’d have to go to the store to have them transfer them. He likes saving things online less than I do so he wasn’t interested in saving his contacts there.

Amena, Cedric, Seth and Joseph are all off to school. Considering that it is now after 10:00, it would be unusual if they weren’t. Joanna is up but only because she has to leave to go to work at 11:00. Laura is still abed. They went to watch the midnight showing of The Hobbit and brought Amelia Armstrong home with them because it wasn’t likely that anyone from their house would want to come pick her up at 3:00 am and no one who went wanted to travel that far out of their way to take her home (Laura thought it would be bad enough that they’d have to bring people to our house). I don’t mind people staying at all so that wasn’t a problem. Joanna’s review of the movie isn’t that good. She said there was too much of Gollum and it was boring. I didn’t realize that they’ve turned it into a trilogy so this is actually only the first third, approximately, of the book. Lame. If they’re doing three for The Hobbit, they should have done nine for The Lord of the Rings.

Adam showed up before Paul left. He comes over often when he drops Ryan off at school until he leaves to pick him up. Paul left a few minutes after 9:00 and Jonathan had asked for a ride from Athol Savings Bank around 9:00 so I left to pick him up about 9:20. Now he’s in the back room sanding the floor. There is supposed to be an interested buyer for the Mercedes showing up today. I hope he doesn’t do what he did last Friday and not show up. I’d like for the Mercedes to be gone as well as the red truck (not because I don’t like the truck, though, just because we have more than enough vehicles around that don’t run—we have enough that do, as well).

Yesterday I managed to get my marketing and phlebotomy finals done and out of the way. I read approximately half of the readings for class Monday. I finished up my final paper. Did I do anything else? I don’t remember. I wanted to get done as much school work as possible so I’d have as little left to do. Since I still cannot take the accounting final until at the earliest tomorrow, I’d say I did fairly well. I’ll finish up the reading and post something about it and will be all finished. Maybe I’ll even take the accounting final tomorrow (hahahaha—that’s funny).

How about a funny story? When I took Joseph to school Wednesday after his dentist appointment, he wanted me to walk him to his room so I did. Mrs. Marcoux was telling me that at the concert the previous night she was with her daughter Emily who goes to Hubbardston. She saw Joseph and said, “There’s Joseph.” Then Seth showed up and Emily asked if Seth is Joseph’s brother. Her mother said he was. Then Amena showed up and Mrs. Marcoux said that was Joseph’s sister. Then Cedric came along and Emily said, “How many of them are there?” We had a good chuckle over that one.

I started reading The Hobbit last night. I didn’t get very far because it was late and I was tired but that’s alright. I told Jonathan that we could have a contest to see who finishes first because he started the other day. He’s never read it; it’s been a long time since I have. A long time; I don’t even remember when it was. Before reading The Hobbit, I went through my list of passwords to be sure which ones work and which ones don’t. Amazingly most of them still work. That was interesting.

I think I’ll end on that note. There is plenty to do today so I don’t need to sit here forever.

Have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment