Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday and Oranges


The Christmas party at church was pretty good. We left early, before Santa’s scheduled appearance, so that the chimney could be shut and I heard that Santa ended up not showing. Not sure why. Paul was wondering who it was supposed to be and I said, “Probably you and they forgot to ask.” We don’t know. Anyway, the food went fast, being only dessert-y type things. Julia Froystein was there (she and I go visiting teaching together) so I talked to her first to see when her days off this coming week are. Monday and Tuesday. Mally Black and Laurie Orzel were there so I talked to both of them, Mally actually before I talked to Julia. We get to go see Mally (and I got to touch her very big belly—rapturous joy!!!) tomorrow at ten which sort of stinks because I’ll have to leave by 10:45 to go to class. We get to go see Laurie Tuesday at noon. I got to give away a bar of soap to the Troops because they paid for it and I didn’t take it to church last week since I stayed home with Seth. I also told Amy Troop that I’m almost out of Creamy Honey Oat Bars which are her favorite so if she would like to bring the boys over to watch sometime soon, I need to make some. She said Friday morning they could—it’s the only day she has transportation. So, with what I already had going on, it has turned into a very busy week.

Tomorrow I’m going visiting teaching and then to class and then to pick up the Myler’s car so Joanna can practice parallel parking before her driving test in Greenfield at 4:00.

Tuesday I’m going to kindergarten and then visiting teaching and then Joseph has an appointment in Worcester at 2:00. No class tomorrow night. I hope the final is posted online finely though—I’d like to get it taken. At 5:30 I have a conference with the Mrs. McDonald who is Cedric’s teacher and at 7:00 is the concert at school. We need to take two dozen cookies for that so sometime before then, we’ve got some cookie baking to do. Not sure when that will take place.

Wednesday Joseph has a dentist appointment at 8:00 in the morning and I have class. At 1:20 is the primary concert at school. Only Joseph will be in that this year so I can leave after the kindergarten is done which will be nice.

Thursday I don’t have anything written down thus far. Odd.

Friday afternoon Laura is having a driving test/lesson sort of thing. If she does well enough, the woman who teaches drivers ed will let her use the car to take the driving test in. We are hoping that this will help Laura to actually pass the test since she is a good driver but the idiot tester is an idiot.

And that’s the coming week. Should be fun. Right now there is a pineapple upside down cake in the oven. They boys and Amena all had ice cream that Joanna brought home yesterday. And now we are going to have a family home evening lesson.

It’s a bit later. We watched a movie called The Christmas Orange. Very good. You should all watch it. After watching we all ate tangerines and manderine oranges. Now it’s posting time. Hope you’ve all had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment