Sunday, December 23, 2012

R2 D2


Good evening. We just watched a Ziggy Christmas and then Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Laura and Joanna are at a YSA activity. Paul, Amena and the boys are watching something on TV—a Cat in the Hat Christmasy thing. I like Dr. Seuss but I do not like the Cat in the Hat.

Yesterday morning I took Joanna and Amena shopping. We left before 8:00 and were home in time for Joanna to get ready for work. She had to be there at 11:45. I think they did pretty well.

In the afternoon, we cleaned. All of the wire racks that had been moved out of the back room into the rest of the house after the accident, were emptied, cleaned, and returned to the back room and are in various stages of being filled again. Two of them are in the closet, two are in front of it and one is along the wall with no windows. My goal is to fill them in an organized manner and keep them that way. We now have much mess but the living room is livable. Tomorrow we will finally get the tree up and continue the cleaning. I’d like to get the library done and keep plugging away at the most unfinished part of the back room.

We had Cedric’s birthday party today. He shares a birthday with Grandma and Becky and Jay’s anniversary. It’s a pretty good day for a birthday. We ended up with Adam and Ryan here as well as the missionaries so we had a full table; as many as we had for Thanksgiving. We’ll have that many for Christmas as well although I’m not sure when we’re doing Amena’s party.

It is now almost two hours later. The boys are in bed as are the two youngest girls. Laura and Paul are looking at cars on the internet at a ‘pretty car; it’s got good lines to it’ Dodge D2. I’m thinking I should get one and call it R2. My mother is sitting looking at a movie and eating a chocolate. They turned out pretty good this year.

I’m going to be off for now. Hope your day has been and continues to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment