Saturday, December 8, 2012

Flashing Lights and Clogged Toilets


Time does have a way of getting away from a person at times, doesn’t it? Wow. Well, simply put, Thursday, I felt like crap and had homework to do anyway so by the time I’d done my accounting homework, finished my marketing questions and taken the quiz, and worked on my English paper, I did not feel like writing in a journal or posting anything. All I really wanted all day long was to curl up on a couch with a cup of tea and watch a movie—I was thinking Narnia or Lord of the Rings—but that didn’t happen.

Yesterday, having finished everything else I needed to for the week other than my marketing plan which my professor said I really don’t need to change in order to get a better grade, I worked on my paper. All day. I had it about half done when Paul and I went out to eat last night. I really wanted to have it done yesterday but I knew I could work on it today if need be. For certain I wanted to have it done in time to turn it in Monday as a rough draft because this one I want a good grade on as well because I did lots of very interesting research on it and you might say I have some rather strong feelings about most of it.

I felt tired yesterday, partly due to the fact that it took a while to get to sleep the previous night because I was coughing and partly because Cedric woke me up at 4:30 getting cereal for himself for breakfast. I don’t mind him getting up early but unless he wants to start going to bed earlier, that’s too early. Other than being tired, I felt almost normal. Which was nice. Laura, on the other hand, developed a sore throat the day before (or was it the day before that?) and was still not completely well.

Today I finished my paper and even printed it out. The report from SafeAssign says that only 3% of it matches other literary works. That’s amazing. My paper on Claude McKay came back saying 50% matched (which is a crock because most of what it said was matching was in the sources and one or two of them, the report included the entire source, which I did not use or even quote). I’ve posted the McKay paper on My Winding Road. I’ll post the one I finished today once I have turned in the final copy because at that point I won’t be making any changes to it.

Tonight is the Christmas party at church that I imagine we’ll be going to. I never do want to go to these things, being the social introvert that I am, but I usually do and either I am glad I did or not. Last year wasn’t bad. Hopefully this year will be good. Joanna will be at work and Laura will be meeting us there because she is at Armstrong’s currently.

Flashing red and blue lights just went speeding down our road. I wonder what is up in the world beyond Pitcherville Road?

Other than a very clogged toilet in the downstairs bathroom, that’s about it for now. Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment