Saturday, December 15, 2012

Busy (and thoughtful) Days


It isn’t morning any longer. It hasn’t been for quite some time at this point. For some strange reason, Saturday’s just aren’t that good for writing in the morning. Sunday’s aren’t either but we’re talking about Saturday right now, it being currently being one.

Yesterday was a busy day. Jonathan, as you know, came over. The guy never did show up to look at the Mercedes and now says that he won’t until Jonathan has the title in hand. That will probably be two or three more weeks which, looking at it from this end of it, seems like a long time. Jonathan did get the floor in the back room sanded. He ended up staying until Paul and Elizabeth arrived and then we took them both home when we went out.

Today has been a busy day. Paul put sheet rock up on the closet in the back room and then took off with Cedric to go to the bank and see if they could find a coat for Cedric. They finally found one. This was the third time they’d gone out looking so I am glad that they met with success. I swept the back room and then the girls helped wipe it with wet towels. I got the downstairs toilet unclogged and Laura cleaned it and the sink. Joanna did the upstairs bathroom. Amena spent most of the day making snowflakes, paper chains and drawing circles on foil wrapping paper to make balls out of. Our windows are going to be quite dressed up.

I made vanilla, strawberry and chocolate ice-cream for tomorrow (today is Elizabeth’s birthday and we’re having a party tomorrow after church). They’re all together in a homemade Neapolitan. I even put the container in the freezer sideways so that the layers are vertical rather than horizontal. I made a cocoa cake with chocolate frosting as well. Also, I made divinity today. It was clear, no clouds, so I thought I’d give it a try. Guess what? It actually turned out the way it’s supposed to! Yay!!! So happy! Then we had BLTs for supper.

When I took Joanna to work, I went to Ocean State Job Lot to see if they had any construction paper. They didn’t. I was going to go to Walmart but didn’t want to. Then as I was walking toward the car from OSJL, I thought that Staples has construction paper so I went there instead. I love Staples. I forgot about birthday candles for the cake but I’m sure we’ll live without them. I’m not sure how Elizabeth feels about reminders of how old she is.

Right now I’m sort of waiting for Laura and Joanna to get home. Laura went to see Lincoln with Kim Trivett and they stopped at Friendly’s afterward to get some food and are waiting for Joanna to get off to give her a ride home. If they don’t hurry and get here before I’m done with this, I won’t wait any longer but will go to bed.

I’ve been looking at Birthwise Midwifery School in Maine the last few days. They’re accredited. I could get financial aid if I were to go there. They have a campus program and a community program. The campus program meets, as you’d expect, on campus and the community program is more of a distance education-type program meeting on campus a total of 10 times during the three year program. I have been looking for someone to work with for more than a year now and have not found anyone. If I were to go to Birthwise, I would be ready to be a midwife on my own at the end of the three years (which can be drawn out to five if circumstances warrant—I would hope not to do that). I think it would be a good thing to do but need to talk to Paul about it. It would get me to where I want to be faster than what I’ve been doing, that’s for certain. Food for thought. Feel free to let me know what you think.

I just downloaded pictures so I’ll get this posted and be off to bed. I hope you’ve all had a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment