Thursday, December 27, 2012

Love Is What It's All About


Yesterday: Mixed up four batches of cookies and baked two (the other two are ‘chilling’). Mixed up a batch of ice-cream—green mint that will have grated semi-sweet chocolate in it. Mixed up a cocoa cake which is in the oven just about done. Folded five or six loads of laundry (well, my version of folding, anyway—includes folding Joseph’s and putting everyone else’s in piles for them to take care of). Washed three loads of laundry and dried three (a fourth is in the dryer). Helped Seth bring in some wood. Etc.

Today: baked the two batches of cookies that were chilling. Froze the ice-cream (and, oh, did it turn out well). Frosted the cake. Made waffles for breakfast. Etc. And now it’s not even 1:00. I think I’m satisfied.

Sugar cookie dough was one that was ‘chillin’. They want to be frosted and perhaps decorated. I cut out wreaths, evergreen trees and hearts with arrows through them. Joseph informed me that the hearts weren’t very good for Christmas. I said, “Why was Jesus born?”

“I don’t know,” Joseph answered.

“Well, he was born because he loved us. Why do you think Grandma is making you guys sweaters?”

“Because she loves us.”

“And why do people give gifts at Christmas?”

“Because they love us.”

“So, I think that hearts with arrows are perfect for Christmas cookies because love is what it’s all about.”

I’m not sure he’s entirely convinced but I thought it was a pretty good argument.

We got snow last night and a bit this morning. We also got rain this morning. Paul plowed because we’re expecting people for Amena’s birthday party this afternoon. I think he’d rather have done it when he gets home but by the time he gets home it will be dark. I don’t remember if he likes to plow when it’s dark but I do know that he doesn’t like to drive when it is. We are supposed to get more snow tonight. That will be nice. I am glad that I do not have to go anywhere today because, as usual, the driveway looks worse than the road. And, for Massachusetts, that’s saying something.

This is somewhat short but I’ll be off now. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment