Sunday, December 2, 2012

Quiet Sunday


When Paul and Laura got home, they both reported that they’d stopped by Friendly’s and there were a LOT of people there. That would have been right about 10:00. Joanna called at 12:58 this morning that she was finally done. Actually that she would be by the time I got there. As I had to brush snow off the car, it took a few minutes before I actually took off so it was 1:30 or so by the time we finally got home. Holy crud. She said that right about 10:00, a group of 75 came from Oakmont High School. There was another group or two as well so it was very busy for a time. She said that because the Oakmont group was expected, they didn’t do any cleaning first because it would just have to be done again with that many people coming in so all the closing activities had to happen once all the people were gong which is why it was so late (or early) when she finally called.

 By 7:00 this morning, the goats were letting me know that they wanted some attention. I really liked having Snowflake gone; she complains the loudest and because she does, Goldilocks does and then Princess starts in. I hope that either we are able to sell Snowflake. If not, I hope she has boys. I also hope that Goldilocks and Princess each have at least one girl. If so, we’ll keep one girl from each and then when they’re old enough, we’ll have them bred.

Paul and I both stayed home with Joseph and Seth from church. Seth seemed a little better this morning but is still under the weather. I think oregano is keeping it at bay but tomorrow is another day and there is more to life than a sore throat. Joseph woke up coughing so I kept him home as well. Currently, I will be keeping them both home from school tomorrow; Seth for sure, Joseph for maybe.

We just watched 17 Miracles. It is about the Willie and Martin handcart companies. I am sure glad that I did not have to live through what they did. Pretty cool that some of my ancestors are portrayed in it--namely Louisa, Charlotte and Mary Ann Mellor.

I made a pineapple upside down cake today and thought of my very most favorite Auntie Deb. We had that for dessert. For whatever you call a meal that you eat halfway between lunch and supper we had stewed Italian sausage with peppers, onions, cabbage and tomatoes. Not too bad but a little juicy for my tastes.

Now that my laptop is back, Joanna is waiting to take it away. Silly child.

Have a wonderful whatever it happens to be when you come across this!

No comments:

Post a Comment