Monday, May 5, 2014

Friday and Saturday on Monday

Good morning! I really did plan on writing Saturday but the morning was so busy with getting ready to go to North Brookfield that I ran out of time. I thought I would have time yesterday morning as well, but ended up going back to bed and pretty much slept until 12:30. Sooooo, you get what you get.
Libby.

So, Friday I managed to get a partition and gate built in the shed for Libby and her babies when they were born. The partition is a pallet. I’d found one that was in fairly good shape but then during the process of finding the right 2x4 for a post, I found one that was in better shape; completely solid with nothing broken or decomposing. That was fun but it was even more fun building the gate in spite of the fact that it threated to rain on me while I was doing it. I determined to keep at it until I was done and moved everything into the goat shed to work on it.
New corner for Libby and kids.

While I was working on the partition, I discovered that the drill I was using was for dry wall and as such, had the wrong bit for what I was doing. I looked around for others because I know I’ve seen some but was unable to find them so I decided I’d do what I could with nails (which I actually prefer sometimes because I really kind of like pounding them in) and then I’d get another bit when I went out and about getting the other things I needed.
When I’d done what I could do, I took a shower and got myself off to Gardner. I got a tie out cable for the goats at Ocean State. They didn’t have any bits or hinges or the kind of packing tape I wanted so I went to Aubuchon’s where I knew they’d have hinges. As expected, they did, and I was able to get the bits I wanted as well as a hook to keep the gate shut. I did not expect them to have packing tape so I went to Staples for that. Very nice it was that I was able to get everything that I needed in one shopping center.
One of the kittens on Friday.

When I got home, I finished getting the soap ready to go which basically consisted of taping the shipping label to the box and then taping the box up well because that’s what I like to do. Then the gate was finished and it was about time for Amena to get home.  Busy day. I think I also finished the reading I wanted to for the day.
There was a temple trip Friday evening. I didn’t think I’d be able to go because there would be no one home with the boys. I’d told Cedric that he could have someone spend the night so he got to stay home (won’t happen again). Amena went and stayed the night at the Beaudette’s. Cedric invited two friends over. One was not able to, the other said he could but then decided not to. At least, that’s my understanding of what happened.
Paul brought us a vegie pizza from Market Basket. I really like the vegetables on it although they weren’t as good this time as they have been in the past. Other than that, I spent the evening getting ready for the Preparedness Fair in North Brookfield. My goal was to get to bed by 10:00 because I was tired and had done a lot of work on the goat shed. I almost made it.
Saturday morning I fully intended to get a blog post done but got busy with last minute preparations for the Fair. My goal was to leave by 9:30 so that I could stop at the Farmer’s Market in Barre and enquire about the possibility of selling there. The sister missionaries were planning on going with me and they arrived on time to help load the car. Paul left with the boys to go to the wrecking yard by Orange to get things he needed for both Jetta’s.

The sisters and I left about 9:34 and made good time. The only problem is that there was nothing going on in Barre so we didn’t stop and got to North Brookfield more than 30 minutes early. The only advantage to that is that we got everything carried in and I got everything set up before anyone else was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment