Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ordinary

Good morning! The sunrise was beautiful this morning. I would have taken pictures but the battery in my camera needs to be charged. Again. I think Cedric has been taking too many videos of the kittens which has been using up battery life.
Yesterday was a pretty good day even though I didn’t really accomplish a whole lot.
I read. I ate breakfast and lunch. I read.
I went to pick up the boys from school so we could go to the library because Cedric and I each had a book waiting for us. Cedric and I played a game of checkers while Seth and Joseph played with the trains. Seth really wanted to go to Joe Bessette’s house but because I had church stuff, it really wouldn’t have worked out so we decided to wait for another time. We being, of course, Joe’s mom and I.
Paul was working from home again yesterday so I was able to leave Seth and Joseph home when Amena, Cedric and I went to church. That was nice except Paul took them to Springfield to trade the white Jetta for the silver Jetta and they got home after we did.
Joanna stopped by and when I asked why she wasn’t at work, she said she called in because she’d spent the previous night throwing up. So Paul is the only one who has completely escaped this bug. That’s probably a good thing.
On the way to church we stopped at Walmart to get pots, potting soil, and flowers. We also got a few things to put in the basket of goodies for girls who are there by 7:00. Then we went to the dollar store to get some candy to eat while painting and potting and some more things for the basket. Our last stop was Staples for rubber bands. Amena also thought I needed to get her some ear buds since I’d gotten some for Cedric a while ago. Then we were on to church and were the first ones there.
This morning, because I am on call at the hospital today, I wanted to get as much done as possible so that I’d be able to get there by 7:00 if I was needed. To that end, I thought I’d take the goats out so that I could milk Libby. Well, in the course of taking the goats out, I decided that we only need one buck. That one buck is going to have completely separate living quarters from the does (which is how it should be, anyway). That one buck is also going to live in a self-contained pen and is not going to need to be taken out. Leroy was fine. Bailey was so intent on his amorous attentions that it was impossible to stake him or Snowflake out until they’d returned to the pen and he was worn out. When I called and learned that there isn’t anyone in and nothing is scheduled, it meant that I could give them a little more time because I just wanted to be able to milk by 7:00. I’d like to change that to 6:00 in the next week or so.
And other than getting lunches ready and making sure everyone was getting up and ready, it’s been rather ordinary.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment