Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Spring Cleaning

Good morning! Today is rather lovely out if you can ignore the bugs. The sky is blue, Amena was ready for the bus, the goats are out and it currently is 50° with 54% humidity. I can deal with that. The only kink in my day is that Bailey and Leroy were being boys last week and Bailey has an owie on his head that needs some attention.
Another annoyance for today is the fact that I think Joseph got up on the wrong side of the bed. He got up while I was out moving stakes and helping Cedric with the goats and he has done nothing but whine since I got in. Now he’s eating so we’ll see what happens when he’s done. It seems to be annoy-your-brother day. Seth had on one of Joseph’s socks which is one of the reasons why Joseph was whining. Seth was going to brush his teeth but Cedric wanted to get in the shower. I wonder what will be next.
This morning I am going to take Seth to the eye doctor to get his new glasses. We also need to stop at the doctor’s office to pick up a couple of papers for Amena, drop one off for her, and get a new prescription for an inhaler. And while I’m thinking about it, I think I want to call the Pediatric doctors in Westminster and see about taking Amena and the boys there.
So, yesterday. It was a day. I wanted to get all the downstairs floors mopped, excluding the back room, and I started in the living room. I moved everything to the end farthest from the door and swept and mopped. Then I folded clothes and other fun stuff while I was waiting for the floor to dry. Once it was, I moved everything to that end other than the corner hutch, the cabinet with old stereo stuff, little desk and chest, swept and mopped. And then I did laundry and other fun stuff while I waited for it to dry.
The sister missionaries came over so they could turn a couple of dresses into skirts and shorten the sleeves on a top they’d gotten. I showed them what to do and they did it while I cleaned the downstairs bathroom and got furniture out of the way so I could sweep and mop the hall by the bathroom and part of the library. I didn’t move the stuff by the bookshelves because I really have nowhere to put it yet. Amena got home and took the three chests to the attic that I’d taken from the library to upstairs.
The sisters left and I mopped the hall and half of the library. Then, as you might expect, I did other things waiting for the floor to dry. The boys got home and were boys. Only Joseph had homework. Seth helped him with it. The boys were sometimes helpful, Seth and Joseph did quite a few things that I asked them to; Cedric did his best to get out of doing anything.  Kim and Sarah Trivett came over to bring pictures of the dress that Kim likes and so Sarah could see ‘her’ kitten. They also brought Ryan with them so he could see the kittens. Sarah has already picked out a name for the kitten but I don’t remember what it is.
I got everything moved from the rest of the library area I was planning on doing and about a third of the dining room and got that mopped and that was the extent of mopping. We waited for that to dry.
Seth and Joseph cleaned a little cupboard that I brought up from the basement. I put it in the dining room where there had been a little table that is falling apart and most of the paint has fallen off of that Cedric took outside down by the basement door. I actually wanted it in the basement but it’s in such a state of disrepair that I don’t care. Paul at one point told me that people pay for things like that; I’m not sure why anyone would. People, I guess, will buy pretty much anything in New England because I never knew anyone who had anything like that in their house before.
By the time everything was put back, we needed to get the table cleared off so that I could feed children while I took a shower. When I was done, the singles were already here and Paul arrived shortly after. Kenisha is excited to read Laura’s book and is going to order one when she gets her first pay check at the end of the month. There was Ruth and Wendy and Clair and Jay Cabanillas as well as Kenisha. They mostly ate, talked about others to call about coming, did some general planning and had a short lesson. Pretty exciting.
The kittens are getting so cute. They’ve started playing with each other a lot and wander around all over the porch. Yesterday afternoon I went to look at them and couldn’t find the grey girl. She was hiding in the blanket that we cover the crate with.
Up for today we have our trip to Gardner this morning. Other than that and cleaning Bailey’s head, I would like to finish the sweeping and mopping. I am going to get the crate out for the kids and start separating them at night from Libby so I can milk her in the mornings and get more milk. It will be easier to put the goats to bed at night as well. Since I need to get busy with some of these things right now, I will bid you good day.

Have a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment