Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Have faith, believe

Good morning! The temperature (47°) is quite tolerable; the humidity (74%) is a bit on the high side. We have mostly blue skies with a few clouds.
Yesterday saw much laundry get done; mostly folding because the brown couch was covered with clothes. There are still a few but they are mostly taken care of. Well, sort of. As taken care of as boys do. Cedric moved his pile to a couch in the living room and Seth moved his upstairs on top of his bureau. Joseph put some of his away but not all of them. Today there is more washing and drying and folding to do. I lost track of how much time I spend folding but I would fold for ten minutes and then read a chapter or two of The Farmer and the Obstetrician by Michel Odent. It is a relatively short book (138 pages) but very good and I read half of it between folding sessions.
Other than that, the dishes all had a bath, the dirty ones, anyway, and I attempted to fix the door of the goat shed. I think it is beyond help. It will do for a few more days but then it needs to be replaced.
A bit of time lapse there. I have much to do today and on that list you will not find “keeping Scooter away from Kitty’s food.” It just isn’t there. And I get tired of doing it. If she’s eating Kitty’s food, she needs one of those bowls that slows them down but if she’s eating hers, she takes plenty of time. Would eating cat food for a dog be like eating junk food for a human? It isn’t what’s best for us but it sure does taste good so we’d rather eat it than healthy stuff? I don’t know but I do know she would like to go out again already and she’s already been out at least four times and at least three of those times she went straight for Kitty’s food. And she pooped in the dining room last night and I can still smell it. How is this better than having a litter box?
I woke Amena up at 5:00 this morning in spite of having strange dreams and not wanting to get up. Then I fell quickly back to sleep and had more strange dreams before the alarm went off again. I procrastinated getting out of bed for eleven minutes and when I checked on Amena, she was still in bed! So she end up having less than 20 minutes to get ready for school and she managed to do it.
The boys all got up without any issues and got their breakfasts and got dressed. Seth didn’t want to take the goats out when I told him to; he wanted to eat first. Yep. I know how that works. It doesn’t. So I went out and moved all the stakes and then helped him chase the boys out. More about that in a minute. Other than that, there weren’t any problems this morning. I like that.
About the goats; we need to get rid of the boys. They stink. They are making the milk taste bad and Libby is only around them at night. They are well-behaved and I think each will make a horse a really good companion animal. But we are not ready and in spite of the fact that they’re cute (yes, they are obviously bucks, they do stink, but they are cute still) and well-behaved, we are not ready and they need to go. They are bucks. They do fight. Besides that, I really have no idea what kind of parents they have. I don’t know if their mothers are/were good milkers. I don’t know what kind of breeding the fathers have.  I do know that Libby is a good milker and I know that she was bred to a registered Nubian. I’m not crazy about the Nubian part but Libby is a Nubian Toggenburg cross so the boys are ¼ Toggenburg and ¾ Nubian. Maybe I can wait a week and see which of the boys looks to be biggest and rubberband the other and keep them both while getting rid of the other two. I think it sounds like a plan.
Yesterday the weather was very nice. Today it is a bit cooler. I was thinking that today would be a good day to plant some pansies at Daniel’s grave but that’s when I was also thinking that the weather today would be like it was yesterday. The garden really needs a rototiller applied to it. And I would really like raised beds. And there is so much work to do outside and every time I go out, my eyes itch and I sneeze and my nose fills up with snot and in spite of the fact that I’d rather be outside than in and I would rather work outside in the yard or garden than clean and cook in the house, being outside is miserable. And I’m tired of attempting to find an allergy pill that works and doesn’t put me to sleep. And there has to be something else I can do. And that’s all for now. At least about this.
In other news, I had a nice visit with someone yesterday afternoon. As a result of that, I am left wondering why it is in so many cases that when a relationship goes south the woman is the one who has to leave. Is it because men are so stubborn? Is it because in this society we put so little value on women and children? Why? Are men so selfish and determined that they are right? Why? I don’t know. But I do know that in spite of the fact that it would be easier for the children of such relationships to stay rather than have to transition to another place, the women and children are the ones to leave. I do admit, however, that this just may be the scope of my experience and those with whom I am close. And I do admit that I do know of instances when it is the man who leaves. But generally not. Why?
And in other news, I’d better get on with things. Yesterday I was amazed that I had gotten so much done by noon. I don’t think that will be happening today.

Have a terrific day!

1 comment:

  1. Someone told me that the BEST way to cure local seasonal allergies is to take a teaspoon or two of LOCAL honey every day. Apparently there is a link between what the bees pollinate from locally, and what we're allergic to, and it really works. A teaspoon of honey a day wouldn't be a bad way to experiment for a few weeks... Good luck. I hope your sniffles get better.

    ReplyDelete