Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Oh, Boy!

Good morning! It is a beautiful day out. There is frost everywhere, which is to be expected, but the sun is shining, the sky is blue, Cedric reports that he feels better and I do, too.
Yesterday morning I made deviled eggs for Cedric to take to school. For the MCAS testing, they like to feed the students breakfast before testing. Cedric reports that they finish eating ten or fifteen minutes before they start and that still annoys me. Some dolt who has absolutely no knowledge of the human body obviously decided that eating ten to fifteen minutes before testing is a good thing. Actually, it was probably more than one dolt.
As you may recall, I thought Cedric needed to stay home yesterday. He insisted on going because he said he felt better. That’s the trouble with this thing; you do feel better, until you don’t. My phone was quiet all day long until 2:00 and then it rang. I just knew it would be the school and sure enough, it was. Cedric had vomited, but made it to the bathroom, and had a fever of 102°. I went to get him and we beat Amena home. He should have just stayed home. However, not only did he not want to have to make up testing, he also wants to have a perfect attendance record. Even last night when he felt terrible, he still wanted to go to school today.
Once the boys were away on the bus and I’d done whatever doodling around on my computer that I wanted to, I went out to the goat pen to begin the cleaning of it. I thought it would be a relatively simple matter of raking up hay and taking it to the garden. Wrong! I don’t know why I thought that in the first place because it’s been outside and not only has been peed and pood on, it has been rained and snowed on. So, there is a layer of two to three to four inches in places of stuff that needs to be pitchforked up. Lovely. Remind me next winter not to feed them that way. Anyway, I made two trips to the garden and gave up for the day because I just didn’t feel all that great.
Most of the rest of the day I read and did very little else. I never threw up like Amena and the boys but I was nauseous every day from Sunday to yesterday. Today I still feel slightly so but not nearly as bad.
We did have the sisters over for dinner last night. Because we had a lot of cooked spaghetti noodles from the eggplant parmesan, Paul suggested chilighetti. I don’t care for it but figured I either wouldn’t eat or would just eat a little bit. I also cooked some carrots because for some reason, they sounded really good. And, because we have some green milk that needs to be used for baking, I made some custard.
From the time Cedric got home yesterday, he spent most of the time on the couch and most of that time he spent asleep. I did give him some pills to help with his fever and he drank two cups of tea (I tried some tea and it made me feel worse—go figure). He said that after he threw up at school, his face was green. That must have been a sight to see. Anyway, he does feel better this morning and I don’t expect a call from school although I’ll keep an ear open because you just never know.
The goats managed to break out this morning. Seth and Cedric took them out earlier than planned because of it. I need to finish fixing the door. If I could find a 2x2 piece of wood about 3 feet long it would do the trick.
Did I mention that both of the kids are boys? I’m disappointed because they both have nice color and markings. However, I have decided that two bucks really is one too many and if we get rid of one, we can keep one of the kids, as a wether, to be a companion for the buck. Today one of my jobs is to research floor plans for goat housing. I sure wish I had my goat books—I don’t know what happened to them but in all the times I’ve been through the books, I’ve never seen them.
Wow. It is amazing how easily a person can get distracted on the internet. I looked just to make sure I’d spelled ‘wether’ correctly (because, of course, my computer doesn’t recognize it as a word) and I started reading some blog posts and articles about wethers and then looked up and ordered a replacement for the goat book that I used to have and found another one that I think I’d like to get but am vacillating between a hard copy and a Kindle version. I know I would like a hard copy but I’d also like the instant gratification of the Kindle. Of course, that means I have to figure out my password for the tablet. And then I almost typed ‘anyway’ again and since I’ve already done that at least twice, decided not to. And it’s taken me a couple of minutes just to type this and think how much time it took to do what I just told you about. Shaking my head,here.

On to other subjects—maybe. Maybe I’ll just say have a terrifical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment