Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Day, May Day

Good morning! This morning looks a lot like yesterday morning did: grey, rainy, and very soggy in the goat pen. Aside from the fact that I’d really like to clean the goat shed, I’m perfectly happy for another such day.
Interestingly, today is the first day this week that it wasn’t a chore getting up at 6:00. I think that’s because I got up at 5:00 to wake Amena and Joanna up and just didn’t go back to bed because today is my on-call doula day. I got Kitty and Scooter fed and lunches put together in less than half an hour and then it took almost half an hour to get the goats fed because it’s raining and I didn’t want to give them their food in the pen. Five goats in the shed take up a lot more room than three did even though one of them is still relatively small.
Then it was time to call the hospital and nothing is happening: no one currently in labor and no inductions scheduled. If I haven’t gotten a call by 1:30, I’ll leave to go get our next new goat from New Hampshire.
Yesterday wasn’t much of a day. I mean, you know, I didn’t get a whole lot accomplished. Everyone got off to school without incident. Paul got off to work without incident. I read for a bit before I got ready to visit with Liz. We had a good visit and I didn’t get home until about 1:30. Then I read a bit more and helped Joanna with a project for school. That was kind of fun other than the fact I haven’t read her book and really couldn’t help her with some of the questions.
Julia stopped by to get some NaOH and palm oil on her way home from her parents’ house yesterday. She is going to be making soap all on her own today which she is excited about. She’s been back and forth a lot for work and her parents because her mom was/is having some problems. She has always had a troubled relationship with her mother but during the past week had an epiphany moment and now has a better understanding as to why and is at peace with the situation. A marvelous thing, from the sounds of it.
I really did not want to go to church last night. All we had planned was cleaning the church and planning for mother’s day. Neither of those took any time to speak of; we were pretty much done by 8:00. Of course, it took a while to get out and home but still . . . .
Today, since there isn’t anyone for me to be at the hospital for me to be with, I might send Julia a message to let her know if she has questions I’ll be home. I have a book to read and general domestic things to do. Should be pretty exciting.

Have a terrific day!

Just for fun, I thought I'd add this: 

Pitcherville Soap Co.—Hazardous Material Waiver Form

Because of potential liability issues, we are required to have this form signed and returned before any hazardous materials may be used in any soap making classes or shipped for soap making purposes.

Complete and sign this Hazardous Materials Waiver Form and return it in person or via mail, email, or in person to:

Pitcherville Soap Co.
64 Pitcherville Road
Hubbardston, MA 01452

I fully understand that the material I am purchasing is considered Hazardous and could cause bodily harm. I agree to only use this product for soap making and will not resell the material or use it for any other purpose than soap making. I assume all responsibility for its safe use and proper storage.

Date: ________________________________________

Name: ________________________________________________________________________

Company Name (if applicable): ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­___________________________________________________

Address: _______________________________________________________________________

City, State, Zip: ________________________________________________________________

Phone Number: _________________________________________________________________

Birth Date:_____________________________________________________________________

E-Mail: ________________________________________________________________________

Material I am purchasing:       _____  Sodium hydroxide
                                                _____ Potassium hydroxide

I fully understand that the material I am purchasing is considered hazardous and could cause bodily harm. I assume all responsibility for its safe use and proper storage. I am at least 18 years of age.

Signed: ________________________________________________________________________

Printed Name: __________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment