Thursday, September 13, 2012

Another Beautiful Day


It’s amazing that I think it’s getting late and it’s not even eight o’clock. Amena, Cedric, Seth and Joseph are on their way to school. Joanna is in bed. Laura is in bed in spite of the fact she’s going to work with Paul this morning. Paul just came downstairs. I am eating a chocolate chip bagel toasted with butter and a cup of milk for breakfast which really doesn’t work all that well when I’m typing.

Yesterday Joanna went to work at 8:00 and was supposed to have an hour and a half break between shifts but ended up having a five minute break. She has today off. I went to class, dropping an insurance payment off at the Insurance Place on the way. After class, children were already home when I got home because they had a half day for some reason. They’d brought home ‘reminder’ slips the day before but I don’t remember hearing anything about it in the first place.

I made the boys clean their room before I would take them to soccer practice in the afternoon. Their coach had sent an email saying that he’d be there early just for fun if anyone wanted and could go. That was added incentive to get the bedroom clean. Joseph went too even though I thought he should stay home. He was incredibly bored again because there wasn’t anyone he knew playing on the playground. Joseph didn’t have soccer because it isn’t until 5:30 and they’re worried about mosquitos and the EEE problem. He won’t have practice until the first frost and at the rate we’re going, it might be a while. I took my marketing book and finished reading the chapter I was working on and my Harlem Reader and started reading in that. I took my knitting too, in hopes I would get to that but it didn’t happen. Actually, it might have happened if I hadn’t been so tired that I was sort of taking a nap. You know how you are when you’re almost asleep but not quite and you hear everything going on around you? I could hear Joseph being bored (because he was doing it in the car) and I even responded upon occasion, but I was mostly almost asleep.

For supper we had some sausage cooked with potatoes from the garden, zucchini and onions. It was pretty good even though I think the sausage was partly freezer burnt. I love potatoes fresh from the garden; they’re so crisp and nice. We should have planted lots more. After supper we had stuff at church. That was exciting. I took my marketing book again so that I could read and possibly work on a case study and my Harlem book so I could finish reading in it. I also took my knitting but by the time I read the Harlem assignment and read the case study and decided I wasn’t up to answering the questions, I didn’t feel like knitting either. When we got home, Cedric and Amena brought in the goats and everyone went to bed almost as quickly as they could. The boys were out quickly, Amena took a while. Amena would actually stay up all night reading if she was let to.

This morning has been just a nice, unexciting few hours thus far. Joanna and I just missed Ruth so we hurried to Nick’s house and caught her there. The dogs and I went for our walk. I thought about going down to Daniel’s grave but decided against it. I miss that boy, you know? Anyway, our walk was uneventful. When I came in, I went to get Cedric because he needed to finish the dishes. Then I got ready to milk and went out. Milking was fairly uneventful. I had put a box on the milking stanchion to use under the bucket for Snowflake and her fat neck that won’t let her get down far enough to eat out of the bucket otherwise yesterday. It worked very well for her and then Princess just had to go and take a bite out of it so I took it away.

On the agenda for today: taking a quiz, doing the case study and reading posts for marketing. Respond to the Harlem readings if I so choose; we only have to do ten responses and we have about 25 opportunities of which I have done two so I think I’m good on that for now. Also, I might think about what I want to write an essay about. I never got around to checking things out for phlebotomy yesterday so I need to do that today. Then, and it isn’t really a then thing, it’s a when I do it thing, I need to send a message to a midwife. We have missionaries for supper tonight. We’re going to have pork some way or another. And tomatoes and cucumbers. And I should make something for dessert, I just don’t know what yet. And I need to make a phone call about Cedric going to the Carriage House this year. I don’t think he’s going to. It’s at a bad time for soccer practice so he wouldn’t be able to go until the middle of November and he only sort of wants to go anyway. So, that’s that.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment