Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Today


Good morning! Fall is definitely in the air. I love this time of year; this time of transition. The whole year really is a continual transition but in the fall and spring it is more noticeable and I really like the winding down aspect of fall into winter.

Yesterday was yesterday. I did school work in the morning and realized that not having a math class this semester really is cutting down on the amount of time that I spend on school work. It’s amazing. I’m not sure it really cut it in half, but it cut it way down which is a very nice thing. Yesterday I finished my accounting homework for the week. The next thing to do is a test which won’t be available until Saturday. Saturday being what it is, I won’t get it done that day. Sunday being Sunday, I won’t get it done that day. So, Monday I will get it done. I have a chapter to finish reading for marketing and a case study to read and write about. For phlebotomy I’m just going to go over everything and make sure there is nothing I’m supposed to be doing. I have English today and there is nothing to do for it before class. I will get to reading next week’s assignments maybe this afternoon while boys have soccer practice.

Laura worked on the chicken coop foundation yesterday morning. She was going to go to Boston to the temple in the evening but didn’t end up having a ride and Joanna didn’t get home from work until about 6:00. I think she wasn’t too thrilled about the turn of events. I know that Joanna said when she got home, only Laura had eaten and the rest of the kids were outside playing. The dishes haven’t been completely done since SUNDAY and I’m about ready to kill people over this. I get so tired of them not being finished. The sink gets disgusting and the counters are cluttered. It’s just repulsive. However, I am NOT doing the dishes for people any more.

Yesterday I had my first phlebotomy class. It was interesting. We went over some really basic stuff and practiced tying tourniquets. I’ve got about three of them now so I can practice away at home. I wish I could practice poking people at home but, of course, we cannot take things like needles home. Actually, I might wonder if they did. The instructor isn’t sure about the whole online quiz taking thing. I guess all classes are utilizing online tests and quizzes in order to save paper. In some ways I like them online but in some ways I prefer paper. You don’t have to worry about losing a paper when they’re online but you can run into all kinds of technical difficulties online. Like when I was taking my first marketing quiz. I finished it all up and went to submit it and it wouldn’t let me. I’d been on Blackboard too long and had timed out. It prompted me to sign in when I attempted submission but it wouldn’t sign me in either. So, I ended up taking it again. That wasn’t too bad, but I liked the questions the first time around better.

Today Paul has a dentist appointment in Shrewsbury at 9:00. He is just coming down the stairs now (and it is 8:09). I think he doesn’t have time for breakfast but we were talking about this last night and he has contingency plans in place. Contingency plans include brushing teeth and leaving, picking something up for breakfast somewhere down there.

Today I have English. That means shower and all that before afternoon. Today Quabbin has early release which means children will be home before I get back from class. That means anything I need to do out and about I need to do before class which means I need to shower and all that earlier than I might normally. Normally is usually about an hour before I have to be somewhere if it is in Gardner. Half an hour for showering and dressing, half an hour to get out to the car, get wherever, and get out of the car.

            I think this will constitute done for today. I hope you all have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment