Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Morning

I thought we'd start the day out with this guy (or girl). Just the shell was about a foot long. We were on our way home from somewhere in April while my mom was here and stopped because none of us had seen a turtle so large on Pitcherville Road before. Laura said, "I found it comical that when I told it to wait so I could take a picture, it actually did so and then when I said, 'Ok, I'm done, you can go now,' it again followed orders. It was haulin! Now I know that turtles can actually get some speed..."

And so begins another week.

Do you ever wake up and take a look at the day and wish you didn’t have to actually get up and do? It isn’t as if anything today is terribly strenuous or that I don’t want to do anything I need to, there are just mornings when I just do not want to go out and milk. It doesn’t take long, 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish including getting ready and straining the milk, and then it’s over so I don’t know what the deal is but it is real.

Milking this morning was actually different from most. I’m not sure which boy put George and Fred in the crate but it was Cedric or Seth. Whichever one it was, he did not tie the door shut but instead used a thing for winding garden hoses on as a barricade. It didn’t work. I had barely gotten the scraps dumped in the trough for the girls when I hear commotion in the form of kids bleating and jumping against the fence. Oh thrill! Oh rapturous joy! Now what? My solution was to milk Goldilocks first which Snowflake did not like. That meant that Princess didn’t get to be second which she didn’t like. Not to mention the fact that when I let Goldilocks out, all three came along. Grrrrrrr. The bus came while I was still outside.

When I came in, I went upstairs to wake boys up. Ten minutes later, Seth and Joseph are still not dressed. Still not even out of bed. Neither is Amena. Ten minutes later, after spoiling Cedric’s breakfast plans, I go up again and stay to make sure a couple of boys actually get dressed. They both had gotten out of bed but had not gotten dressed. That took another five minutes. Now, breakfast is almost done and we have approximately eleven minutes until the bus is due.

Yesterday was a fairly typical Sunday. Church was pretty good. One of the speakers in Sacrament Meeting mentioned that his wife was born at home. That’s cool. I wonder why they did not have theirs at home. The Relief Society lesson went fairly well. I really didn’t infuse it too much with Star Wars although I did get some in there—it was the perfect topic: staying on the Lord’s side of the line. After church, I made cheddar chowder. I cut the vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onion and celery) and fungus (a portabella mushroom) up before church so I just had to cook the sausage and throw everything together. Still, because it was such a large amount, it took a while to cook. We had the CTR pretzels that Seth and Joseph had helped to make Saturday with the chowder. That was good. We had chocolate zucchini bread and milk for dessert.

I wrote a letter to Paul’s step-mom and got some pictures ready to go print for her and Grandma. That took some time. I also worked on a post I’ve been working on for about a week. Finally yesterday pictures were uploading at a speed that was faster than molasses in January. Paul took Jonathan out to visit a couple of people. I let the boys watch The Best Two Years which is good but when it ended, they started it again. It was generally just a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Today on my agenda I have an accounting test, reading an accounting chapter, printing and reading a couple of things for marketing and reading a chapter, making a couple of phone calls, and going to Walmart. I do NOT have English today as the teacher is Jewish and today is Rosh Hashanah. I’m not sure what chance there is of excitement to write about tomorrow but we shall see.

In the meantime, have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment