Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quick and Short


Good morning! I think this might be short because it is so late. Yesterday wasn’t too exciting. I went to class and came home and did homework. Children came home from school and did homework and other fun things like putting clothes away and cleaning bedrooms and moving small rocks. Joanna went to work while I was at school and got home about supper time. She was supposed to get off at 2:30 but didn’t until about 4:00 then she went to a couple of stores including Hannaford to get some bread for garlic bread. For supper we had leftover spaghetti and green salad and garlic bread.

When the boys were going to bed, Joseph came to me crying and said, “I miss Daniel.” I have him a hug and told him I do too. Something must be stressing him because he missed Daniel the most when life is more stressful. I knew that he’d most likely be in to get in bed with me because that always happens at these times. Sure enough, about 1:30, there’s a little Joseph wanting to get in bed. I don’t usually let him that early but I went to bed relatively early last night because I was so tired and had the light out by 10:00. Paul turned his out shortly after. Because I had gotten to sleep early enough, by the time Joseph came in, it felt like I’d been asleep for quite a while so I thought it would be okay to let him in. Since I get up early now, I have him go in the middle so I don’t have to crawl over him. The only problem this time is that he was being a sheet hog.

At 5:13 the phone rang. It was Ruth. She’d been at the hospital all night with her daughter-in-law and wanted to know if I could take the kids to seminary this morning because she didn’t think she’d be able to make it. I said I could and got up. Actually, I was already up to get the phone but I got dressed and took the dogs out for a very abbreviated walk. By then Joanna was ready so I grabbed my knitting and phlebotomy book and we were on our way. Paul had put the radar detector in the Jetta so I got to drive a little faster than usual which was nice. We picked Jared up who was ready as soon as we got there, and then Nick who was also ready. Carlos and Luis Valdez were already there (Daniel really liked them—awesome boys) and Hyrum arrived just after we did. Hyrum’s sister drives him because he doesn’t have a license yet so we visited for a bit and then read. She’s getting ready to go on a mission and I had my phlebotomy. I read the chapter that I wanted to and then I got to knit a bit. Not bad.

We got home about 7:20 and Joseph wasn’t dressed and hadn’t eaten. Seth had eaten but wasn’t dressed. Good grief. We hurried and got everyone dressed and fed and snacks ready and then I got ready to milk. I was out milking when the bus came. Cedric and Seth were out waiting for it but Amena and Joseph were taking their time. The bus driver is really nice and will wait if some siblings are there but the others aren’t. He has a granddaughter in Amena’s grade and a grandson in Cedric’s grade. I’m not sure what classes they’re in. Anyway, they got off and Paul was making breakfast and I got ready to make breakfast. I had chicken liver and hearts (!) and onions cooked in bacon grease. Yum! Amena called and said that she’s going to try out for singers (I think that’s what she said) and that the triplets mom could give her a ride home but she needed a note so she could go with them. Also, I was going to send in some soap with her for art and we both forgot so could I bring that in too. Paul agreed to take the note and the soap (gotta love him!) so I got them ready and then ate.

Then I sat down and started reading responses for English and almost forgot about doing this. Ahhhhh, such is life. I don’t have any math, well, just accounting, this semester and I think it’s going to make a huge difference in the amount of time I have to spend on school work. I like math but it takes me forever so I’m just as glad to not have any this semester. It’ll be nice to be able to keep up and not feel like it’s barely happening.

Anway, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment