Monday, September 24, 2012

Tuna

What do you think of when you hear the word tuna? Through my mind flash things such as sandwich, casserole, and salad. None of them are particular favorites; they're a way to get rid of the many cans of tuna we have sitting in the basement and a way to get some protein in the diet.
 
When Paul brought some tuna home from work last week, I thought, okay, I'll fix it and eat it but I'm not going to prepare myself for any grand, exciting culinary masterpiece destined to excite the palate. One of the investors of the company Paul works for had gone fishing and brought home a tuna. That's great. We somehow manage to have some of the most interesting things in the kitchen; why not tuna?
 
Well, as you might imagine, this wasn't tuna out of a can. Some things, like peaches, are delightful canned. Tuna isn't. However, I dutifully looked tuna steak up online and after looking here and there came up with the following:
Isn't it pretty?

Well, okay, so it isn't that exciting. What it is, is:
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, squished
small handful fresh oregano, chopped
 

Pour it all over the tuna, cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator. I let it stay in all morning and had it for lunch.

I think the only thing I would have done differently is adding some mushrooms (which I did the following day since I couldn't eat the whole thing [even with Laura's help]).

 
TUNA!
 
Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment