Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rainy Wednesday


Well, good morning! It’s been another busy one already which I think will be the new norm. Joanna was dropped off in Gardner, the girls went out for a very brief walk during which Scooter refused to leave the front porch, the boys were woken up to clean their room which was not completely finished, the goats were milked, children were fed eggs, ham and peaches, children were given a combination of grapes, zucchini bread, peaches and apples for snacks and sent out the door once they had eaten and brushed teeth, and I did an introduction for one of my classes as well as a phone call and email to get one changed from on campus to online.

Yesterday was a fairly good, fairly busy day. I made bread and have come to the conclusion that I’ve forgotten how because the first time I made it since beginning again it had huge air bubbles at the top, the second time it turned out pretty well, the last two times, it looked okay going in the oven but then it collapsed. Tastes okay but looks bad. I don’t know what the deal is and other than blaming it on the weather, I don’t feel like trying to figure it out although if it happens again I might change my tune about that.

I also made a peach cobbler because we had too many fruit flies taking up residence in the peaches we had left. Children ate two for breakfast and Amena took one for a snack and we now have seven left. The cobbler turned out very well. I was thinking about chocolate zucchini bread but decided no because we still have so much ginger zucchini bread.

Joanna posted her scooter on Craigslist yesterday and I posted George and Fred. So far, she’s gotten no response and I’ve only gotten one and it was a scam. I was suspicious when I got an email asking “Are they still in good shape?” I responded, “Yes. They are full of pep and vinegar just like any 8-week-old kids should be.” To that I got an immediate response to the effect of give me all your information so I can write you a check and when I get back from vacation, I’ll pick them up. Yeah, right. I marked it and the original as phishing scams.

I went and got 15 dozen eggs at some point yesterday. Paul said that they are about $2.00 at the store so we should get some for Jonathan and Elizabeth and they’d pay us back. No problem. That’s why I got so many. For 60¢ a dozen. Way better price. If they’ll be around today, I might deliver them although Paul took the Jetta today and I’d have to take the truck (which is no great sacrifice since it’s almost as fun to drive).

After school, I took the boys to Gardner to get shin guards for soccer. They are all supposed to have practice this afternoon (another reason I don’t want to go to class on Wednesday’s) unless it’s pouring which is possible. We had BLTs for supper and then did normal nightly stuff—bringing in the goats, family prayer, reading scriptures, etc., and children went to bed. Then Paul and Laura got home with too much stuff to fit in the refrigerator and I went to bed shortly after putting it all away.

Sometime during the night, the heavens opened and we were pounded upon. I didn’t hear it until I woke up around five but it had been raining for some time at that point and we had a couple of very loud claps of thunder. When it was time to take Joanna to Gardner, it was still pouring but we didn’t really feel the brunt of it until we got off Pitcherville road because there are so many overhanging trees. When I got home, I wondered if it would still be raining that much when it was time to milk and took the dogs out for their very short walk. All I did is walk to the mail box because no one ever checked yesterday. Trista was a good girl but Scooter wouldn’t leave the porch.

I got ready to milk which included washing the bucket because Laura hadn’t washed dishes and the rain had abated. In fact, it wasn’t really doing anything while I was milking. Some rain or wind or something would have been appreciated because the mosquitoes were awful. Since then, we’ve had squalls but nothing major.

Well, I cannot change my class. I already got a response on that one. If I had a job or clinical that got in the way, I could, but I don’t, so I can’t. Bummer. I’ll just have to be antsy pantsy.

Anyway, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment