Monday, September 10, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day


Good morning! What a beautiful, sunny, not-too-hot day!

This morning when I went out to milk, I realized I’d forgotten not only the scraps but the bucket to milk into as well. That just meant I had to go back in the house and get them which is no huge sacrifice but is annoying. It wasn’t like I was running late or anything since the girls and I got in from our walk at 6:01. When I got in, Cedric was downstairs and Daniel’s bus stopped at the end of the driveway (it stops there now rather than down the street a bit which I think is ridiculous—why couldn’t it stop for Daniel? Why does it stop for the kids across the street?). Cedric and I talked a bit about how it would be if Daniel were still alive and he made himself some Sponge Bob cereal (it’s instant Cream of Wheat) while I was straining milk.

Everyone got up in good time and got dressed and by now almost everyone is done eating. Actually, all children who must get on the bus are done eating and are in various stages of being ready to go. Joseph was complaining that there was something poky in is shoe. I told him it would be better to take off his shoe and find out what was poking him than to keep complaining about it and it turns out that his sock was very dirty and covered with dead grass.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We brought Jonathan and Elizabeth home after church and fed them. I thought Jonathan ate a lot of spaghetti but Elizabeth outshines him. She must have a really good metabolism because she does not look like she can put food away like that. Anyway, we had spaghetti and bread and salad and watermelon for dessert which was too old and didn’t taste too good so the goats got most of it. Jonathan had to talk to Devon at 6:00 (don’t ask why because I don’t know) so Paul took them home sometime around 5:00 and borrowed a weed eater. He ate weeds when he got home around the chicken coop without taking the shirt off he’d worn to church so it got little bits of grass and weed all over it. He took it off and I thought, oh, that won’t be too bad. Then I brushed all the bits off and noticed that almost every bit had left a little green stain behind. Currently it is soaking in a bowl on the counter where it has been since last night.

After that, Paul came in and we did family prayer and read another chapter of the Pearl of Great Price. Then children were sent off to get ready for bed and brush their teeth and Paul got ready to go to Leominster (as opposed to Fitchburg to drop off Jonathan and Elizabeth). He had to do a sleep study for his allergy doctor. I’m not sure what good it is since people don’t usually sleep as well in a strange bed in a strange place when they know they’re being watched.

I decided that since there was so much zucchini that I should make zucchini bread. I made some ginger and did it in the cool pans but it stuck like crazy even though I sprayed the heck out of them with cooking spray. Then I made chocolate zucchini bread and decided to just do loaves. It turned out nicely. So did the ginger I did in loaf pans, really. Baking takes time and so instead of getting to bed by 10:00, which is what I’d intended to do, I didn’t get to bed until after and then I had to read a little bit and look at pictures (I love looking at pictures of Paul when he was younger) and so it was almost 11:00 when I finally turned out the light.

Today I have class at 11:00. It should be interesting. I need to see if anyone else posted anything about it. I did. I’ll probably post what I wrote on the other blog. I’m working on a picture post as well but it won’t be ready until another day most likely.

Paul got home this morning shortly after 7:00. He had breakfast and checked his computer and is now in the shower. Joanna got home and was going to take the goats out as soon as she did but she went straight upstairs and is in bed now instead. Laura needs to shake a leg and get ready to go as well. I am going to go toast a bagel and get a cup of milk for my breakfast. Then I will check posts for English while I eat.

I hope you all have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment