Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Busy Day

Good morning! The bugs weren’t too awful outside. I didn’t get as much milk as usual because I went out earlier than usual which is good because school starts next week; one week from today, in fact.
An ibuprofen and Deep Blue (an essential oil blend from doTerra) did the trick for my ankles yesterday in that they didn’t hurt which was nice. Both wore off by evening though and it felt good to go to bed which I did earlier than usual. I think I went right to sleep after turning the light off, too. I’ve noticed that my right forearm has been hurting as well and that had stopped when I started doing Pilates. I haven’t been doing Pilates because of the state of the living room so maybe I’d better get on the ball and start up again and maybe both problems will disappear again. It certainly is worth a shot.
Amena and I went to get her glasses yesterday morning. We stopped at the bank to deposit milk money and to get the paper notarized. That was pretty exciting. I also wanted to stop at the West’s to see the baby (and her parents) but Emily had said they wouldn’t be home until 10:45 so we went back to Gardner to the library so Amena could check out a book (she ended up getting two) because it was still pretty early. I didn’t have Amena’s library card with me but I did have mine (and Cedric and Seth’s) so that was handy. We got to the West’s and Emily and the baby (I know her name but have to look up the spelling to be sure I’m right) weren’t home yet. As it turns out, they got stuck in the traffic on route 2 that Amena and I avoided because we turned off at the exit before it got bad and therefore missed their scheduled appointment and had to reschedule for 10:30 and at that point, Emily said, they (doctor’s office personnel) weren’t too interested in being on time but rather in taking their time. So Amena and I got to visit with Jeremy and a bit with Emily’s dad. That was kind of nice and certainly interesting. Amena got to hold the baby when she arrived and then I did and while I was holding her, she was a bit fussy but she was getting hungry and she filled her diaper. That’s always fun.
We got home close to noon and everyone had lunch. We did a little mattress exchanging and Laura and I started working on the living room. Joanna wanted the entire downstairs and front porch cleaned because Zack (her boyfriend) was coming over. If everything was cleaned to her satisfaction, they’d stay here for supper but if not, they would take off. I’m pretty sure that everything did not get cleaned well enough but he ended up staying. We did get lots done. Laura and I almost finished the living room. Of course that required moving a couch out and into the library area which means it’s a bigger mess to contend with because I’d really like to get rid of that particular couch as we do not need it. I’d really like to replace the couch that’s in there with a couple of easy chairs. Or maybe just the pink chairs that we moved to the back room. They’re nice chairs, just upholstered in pink and that could be changed. I think that we could discard a desk as well. There is one in Paul’s office, aka Laura’s room, one in our room, and one in the back room. That’s not even counting the one in the attic, the at least one in the basement and at least one in the barn. Anyway, the living room looks much better and has more room in it and just needs a little more done.
Because of all the fun we had with cleaning and rearranging and then the fun I had cooking supper, I didn’t get any writing done and didn’t manage to do much else that I usually would have. That’s okay. What got done needed to be and it isn’t like I won’t have time for everything else.
Paul said that when he showed up to work Monday, Blair said, “Why don’t you go to the beach Wednesday?” Well, the Beehives are in charge of Mutual tonight and basically, Amena is the one who has put most of the thought and effort into the whole thing so she wants to be at church tonight. If it weren’t for that, I’d be happy to go today. I thought that next Monday was an option but I guess because Friday is Michael’s last day, it isn’t because there won’t be anyone to answer the phones. I didn’t realize that was a problem. Maybe Paul didn’t either because it certainly never came up before. Anyway, if we could be home by six this evening, it would still be nice to go. Or if it would be possible for Amena to do her thing another night but I think being responsible means being there when you say you are so that really wouldn’t work too well.
Currently, some children need to be goaded into action so I’d best be off.

Have a spectabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment