Saturday, August 17, 2013

No Title Day

Good morning! Yet another beautiful day. Yet another day that puts me in mind of autumn rather than August, however. The broccoli in the garden has done splendidly and we’ve gotten quite a few cucumbers, and while we have lots of tomatoes, they are not turning red. I am beginning to wonder if they ever are. Paul said that one forecast he looked at indicated that it is supposed to be in the 80’s next week. I personally subscribe the idea that “I’ll believe it when I see it” or, in this case, feel it.
Joanna should be home from her camping excursion sometime today. Joanna being Joanna, that might mean 11:59 tonight. Laura has work. I believe Paul is planning on taking Amena out to look for shoes again today. One of these times they’ll be successful and find something she likes that fits. All three boys could use new socks and Cedric and Seth could use new underwear.
Yesterday was a fairly productive day in spite of forgetting to do my pm stretches. I did my morning ones and discovered that I like doing the plank before stretches rather than after. I sort of got caught up with laundry—only sort of because I don’t think it’s possible to completely catch up due to the nature of the beast. Laundry is kind of related to dishes.
I got lots of writing done and I have been thinking about why I like to write. More about why I actually do write. If I didn’t spend any time writing, I could spend more time cleaning house and anyone who has seen the house can attest to the fact that I probably ought to. If I didn’t spend any time writing, I could spend more time reading. That’s a tough one. But why do I write? Is it just therapy for myself? In a manner of speaking, yes. However, the story I’m working on now is nothing like Ana’s Story which most definitely was therapy. I would like to be a published author rather than an unpublished one but even that is a strange thing. There are so many aspiring authors in the world and I recently read a study that says fewer people are reading today for pleasure. I don’t remember the exact timeframe but today compared to whenever (it was less than 50 years), 9% fewer people are reading. That’s scary. What are they doing? Playing video/computer/whatever games?
Anyway, you might ask how much writing I accomplished and the answer would be 5,007. I’m pretty happy with that number.
When Paul and I went out last night, we saw my chiropractor. We went to the little Mexican place that Paul really likes and that I sort of like. They do more take out business than dine-in and the chiropractor got take out. That’s the first time we’ve ever seen someone that I knew. We’ve seen people Paul knows a couple of times.
Up for today other than what I’ve mentioned, I’m not sure exactly what is on tap. I think that means we could be in for an exciting day of wood cutting and splitting which might mean stacking as well. Time will tell.

In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment