Friday, August 9, 2013

Wet

A very late start this morning. I was very tired yesterday so I took a nap. That was nice but by the time bedtime rolled around, I was very ready to go to bed and go to sleep. And I slept. I woke up around 6:30 and thought, “Oh, I can wait a bit; no rush.” The next thing I know, Joseph is scratching my arm, kind of the way you would scratch someone’s back, and then he leaves because Paul is threatening to tickle him. I look at the clock and it is almost 8:00. Holy crud. So I got up and got ready to milk after cleaning up dog poop by the door and pee by the table. Not much milk today due to not getting out until after noon. Right now I’m waiting for some heart and onions to finish cooking on the stove.
Yesterday was definitely a different sort of day with Paul home all day and boys really not quite feeling up to par. Seth is getting there but even so, all three spent some time napping yesterday afternoon. Joanna had the day off but went out for the afternoon with the guy she likes (momentary brain freeze—I don’t remember his name right now) and then she had a Wendy’s date with Shayna. Amena was dropped off by the Trivett’s sometime while I was napping. Laura had work.
The visit to the doctor was pretty uneventful. She is of the opinion that Cedric and Joanna probably both have the same virus that the other boys had but at this point, an antibiotic wouldn’t do any good. That’s fine. Joanna was supposed to have her blood drawn but by the time we were done with the doctor, the Medical Arts Building lab was closed for lunch and I don’t know if she stopped by later or not.
For supper last night we had artichokes with Hollandaise sauce and leftover spaghetti. I also had some spinach that I sautéed with olive oil, garlic and salt and boy, was it good! I wished there was enough for me to eat nothing else but there was only a little bit. Paul had scrambled eggs using the egg whites that I didn’t use for the Hollandaise sauce. Because they had so many egg whites and only one yolk, they looked funny. To  me, egg whites are like white meat; to be tolerated as a necessary evil because they are attached to the yolk or dark. If Paul hadn’t eaten them, I’d’ve given them to the dogs.
Right now it is raining up a storm. Actually, you might say it’s raining down a storm and be more accurate. It is really coming down out there which really made milking fun. Other than really wet out, it is rather warm and if the humidity is less than 90%, I’d be surprised. Yep, I just checked. 97%. Yay. So. Excited. Can you tell?

Well, I think this is about it for now. Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment