Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wondiferous Day

Another birthday today and way too many bugs out. Otherwise, a nice day out there and so far a good inside as well.
Yesterday we did not go to the beach. I’m totally fine with that and hope that next Monday is nice enough to go because it would be nice to go before school starts.
Yesterday we did finish stacking the wood. At this point, we have about what we had last year and while we didn’t freeze, we used a lot of the stuff from in the basement and we could have used more. The goal is four rows; we have about three. I wouldn’t mind having five just because that would give us a cushion in the case of a really bad (think cold) winter. We shall see.
On our way to Walmart to get Amena’s glasses, we stopped at Goguen’s to give them some cucumbers and they gave us some summer squash. Then we went to Walmart and when we got there, they were closed for lunch. Really? I knew that they had a strange time for lunch (2:00 to 3:00 pm) but didn’t remember exactly when it was. We found out. When we got her glasses there last year, the same thing happened but we were able to go get peaches. We didn’t have any peaches to go get this year so we went home. We got home before they would have been back from lunch.
I didn’t get any writing done. Well, one sentence. Then I decided to go through all of my handwritten notes and put them on the computer. That was kind of fun. I finished by doing a house plan of Hywel’s cottage in Paint; it isn’t to scale and I didn’t finish the upstairs because I don’t know what happened to the paper that had it on it and it was getting late so I didn’t want to go back and find the description of it. I imagine that will get done today and I might see if there is a way to do it to scale.
Today Amena and I are going to go get her glasses. On the way, I need to stop at the bank and get the paper to request Daniel’s death certificate notarized and deposit a milk check. On the way home, we are going to stop at the West’s so we can see their baby. That will be fun.
Other than that, we’ve just got the usual stuff on tap.

Have a wondiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment