Saturday, August 31, 2013

It can't be the last day of August!

Good morning! It’s hard to believe that today is the last day of August. I think my computer might be telling me stories because it can’t possibly be that late in the year. Can it?
There isn’t much to tell you about since I wrote yesterday afternoon. The afternoon was an afternoon. Amena got home and fell in love with the kitten. I left to go walk around the fields while Cedric had soccer practice and while I was gone, Seth and Joseph got home and fell in love with the kitten. When Cedric and I got home, Cedric fell in love with the kitten. His love is a bit more reserved because he was certain that something was going to happen to her during the night. Nothing did. She is in danger, however, of being loved to death.
Amena went to the Trivett’s in the afternoon to keep Sarah company while her parents went to the temple. Sarah came home with her to spend the night. I think they got here close to midnight.
Laura went to work yesterday morning but was home again before I got back from having my blood drawn. She was feeling kind of not terrific. If she’s not over this thing by Monday, flying to Utah is going to be a lot of fun for her.
Tory Ladroga came over to see Laura. They wanted to go hang out because Laura is leaving but Joanna wasn’t home, Amena wasn’t home, so Laura needed to stay because the boys were here. Paul and I went to the Mexican place that he really likes and only went to Aldi’s where there were no specials that called out to us so we went home.
I really don’t know what it is about this Mexican place that Paul likes so much. The food is good, but not spectacular and I don’t like anything on the menu well enough to have it more than once. Last night I tried some chipotle mustard chicken wings and refried beans. The refried beans are good. Paul wanted to know why I had the wings with bones. The wings without bones do have more meat but they also aren’t wings: they’re made with white meat. Anyway, they were okay. I’ve now tried three of their 41 flavors of wings. I guess I could go a few more times to try some others.
Even though Cedric got a ride to practice from school with Jacob’s dad, I went to the field about 3:30 to walk the trail. I figured I could go three times since that’s what I did the day before. It took just about the 30 minutes they had of practice which is okay. I figure the trail is about .44 of a mile. I might be off a bit but I think that’s pretty close. There is one thing I could do to make it longer and I might remeasure sometime. It would be pretty cool if it actually was a half mile.
Anyway, with the walking and going to bed early rather than sitting at the table, my ankles have been responding well. My right was almost normal this morning and my left was much improved. I think the knots even feel smaller. I don’t know if I’ll ever know what the deal is.
And now I don’t feel like writing any more. Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment