Tuesday, June 25, 2013

1,116 words about yesterday

Good morning! It is very nice out today. Overcast, breezy, and 67°. I can live with this rather well, partly because the humidity doesn’t seem to be as bad as it has been. Don’t like the humidiy.
Yesterday was a good enough day other than children wanting to go to water. I told the boys they needed to get their room clean if they wanted any hope of going. Then, I came upon a plan. Since Joanna was scheduled to be off at 3:15, she could take to water any who had behaved in a manner that indicated they deserved to and I would stay home will those who had not. Good plan. Except that Joanna ended up taking an extra shift and didn’t get home until after 10:00. So, no water.
Laura and I took the red car over to Ray in the morning so it could be fixed. Then she took Kim Trivett to the doctor. I came home and did my morning things consisting of riding the bike and Pilates and a shower. The biking was good other than the fact that I finished The Lord of the Rings last week and needed to start something else. I’d been thinking about Star Wars but with A New Hope missing, I wasn’t sure I really wanted to because I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find it. I also thought about Narnia movies but didn’t feel like looking for the first one or Pirates of the Caribbean but likewise didn’t feel like putting any effort into finding all of them, specifically the first. So, I settled for Star Wars and began The Phantom Menace yesterday. I love Star Wars; you all know that. But after the first 5 miles of riding and watching, I really just wasn’t in a Star Wars mood. The second jaunt was better but I would have no problem giving it up and starting The Lord of the Rings over again.
I tried a new DVD for Pilates yesterday as well. I’ve had it since we were in Idaho and I tried it once and didn’t really like it. Since then, I’ve learned a lot more about the core muscles or powerhouse or whatever you want to call it. Before, I just didn’t feel like this particular DVD was all that great. Now, I see that it is much better than I thought. However, it is the beginning one and I also have an advanced. Since I’ve been doing the other Pilates for several months now, I think I might give the advanced a go. Today, however, I am leaning toward the fat burning one for variety.
Other than that, I made sherbet in the evening and we ate it after a supper of leftovers. We still have leftovers but they are disappearing. I think tonight we will have Chinese sausages and macaroni salad as we have missionaries coming over to eat. And I want to make a strawberry rhubarb something. As well as freeze more sherbet because I made the whole recipe which is more than our ice-cream freezer can do at once.
Because I made my 50 page minimum and then 100 pages, I decided to go for getting halfway through Here Be Dragons yesterday and I made it even though it wasn’t technically until this morning. It was before 1:00 so that isn’t too bad. I don’t know how far I’ll get today but my goal is 175 pages because then I should be able to finish tomorrow which would be really cool. Then I could go to the library and get the second book of the Inheritance books (there are four and we have them but although we found the first, third and fourth, the second is avoiding detection) and Falls the Shadow which takes place after Here Be Dragons. There are other books by Sharon K. Penman that I wouldn’t mind reading as well.
We will likely go to water today. Amena and Cedric have appointments for physicals today and I thought that we could go to Goguen’s because some children really like going there and we’ll be partway there going to the doctor so we can just continue on. Amena wants to be home by 5:00 so that Amanda Wood can come over so they can make cookies. I don’t have a problem with that because I do have to feed missionaries this evening.
Yesterday before Paul got home, Ray called to say the car was done so as soon as he got home, we went to pick it up. Paul stayed talking to him for a while while I came home and called Trivett’s to let them know and they asked if we could bring it over as they are without transportation. As soon as Paul got back we did that. Today I need to remember to get the registration from them so that we can use the same plates for the bug. I don’t think that the bug will get all insured and registered today but maybe tomorrow.
Paul got fuel yesterday on his way home from work. He said that as he was starting, it began to sprinkle. Then there was lightening right near where he was and the heavens let loose. He was very wet when he got home and was very glad when we were done picking up and delivering the red car so he could change into dry clothes. He had called on his way home to remind me to get the log splitter covered in case it rained. I went out and did that and took care of an extension cord and picked up some things that the boys didn’t get picked up when they cleaned out the red car. It was sprinkling then so I had the boys bring in the goats. The kids were already over by the pen. They did that and it wasn’t more than a minute after they got in that it began to pour. Good timing on our end.
And there you go. I’m going to have to take some pictures of something. People like to look at pictures and more people look at the blog when there are. I don’t like just putting in random ones and I haven’t taken any for a few days so we’ll see how that goes. Maybe if I take the camera when we go to water today there will be some. I most likely would have been going down to Daniel’s grave if it weren’t for the grass and pollen the last few weeks and that would generate some pictures. Anyway, the future remains to be seen.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment