Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lovely Day

Good morning! Today is a truly beautiful day outside. The sun is shining, there are a few clouds in the sky, and the temperature is 50°. I would hurry out to work in the garden if I weren’t going to go to kindergarten this morning. Actually, I’ll probably hurry out to work in the garden for half an hour or so before I have to take a shower once the younglings are gone.
Yesterday turned out to be a busy day in spite of my thinking I wouldn’t be getting out to the garden due to the rain. It did rain most of the morning so I rode the bike and did Pilates. Then, because it had stopped raining and the clouds were going away, I took the goats out and worked in the garden for about half an hour or so before it got too warm in the sun and the bugs were to noxious. I planted a row of peppers and started clearing leaves off for the next row of whatever I plant. There are a few peppers left and lots of other stuff.
After that it was shower time and then I read for a bit before I attacked the bedroom. My goat for it for yesterday was to get the desk in the bedroom cleared off so I could put the computer back on it instead of on the little table it’s been living on for about ever. It had been there since I set up shop for making wedding dresses so more than a year and a half. I did get the computer moved but do still have some papers to sort through. Once I get that done, I will begin in the corner where the computer was on the table and my way out.
Seth had soccer practice yesterday and I was going to see if Cedric wanted to go with us so he could ride his bike while I walked. Unfortunately, he took off on his bike and didn’t return until after we left. I ended up only walking the loop three times because I kind of forgot to eat lunch so I was feeling very lightheaded, especially when I was in the sun. So, I sat and watched for the last 35 minutes. They got done 5 minutes early and there is no more practice. I actually am a little sad about that because I really wanted to go back and walk and maybe remember my camera to take pictures in the cemetery that is across the road—there is a really cool wrought iron fence in it.
Earlier in the day, I’d cut up a beef roast and set it to soak in some cilantro and lime marinade. The boys and I grilled that for supper. Amena and Joanna took off because Joanna was going to do something with Amena; I don’t remember what but I’m sure it included buying something. For some reason, Amena thought that I’d said that Seth’s practice didn’t get over until 7:00 and that I’d be home REALLY late. If that were the case, she wouldn’t be able to go out with Joanna. However, practice actually got done early and we were home by 6:45. Because the girls thought I’d be home so late, they had potato salad and enchiladas for supper. Cedric and Joseph were both happy to have some beef as well. I was hungry and ate and noticed an hour later that I was still feeling the effects of not having eaten lunch. After having some frozen yogurt, the problem went away which indicates to me that everyone who says meat takes longer to digest is right and if you need a quick pick-me-up, meat is not the way to go. After they ate, the boys all got some ice-cream Joanna brought home for them from work—a new flavor from Friendlys.
We read a chapter of Nephi and said prayer and the boys went to bed. Of the many reasons why I don’t like summer, the fact that it remains light much longer is one of them. It makes going to sleep once you are in bed very difficult for some people; among them are three boys at our house.
Laura got off early because there were too many people scheduled to work closing. That worked out well because Joanna and Amena weren’t home yet and I needed to leave to pick Paul up from the airport. His flight was due to get in at 11:15. I drove up and parked in the parking lot that we like to park in to wait for people. He actually called at 11:03 so we were on our way home right about 11:15.
It sounds like he had an interesting time at the trade show which seems fairly typical. I’m not sure I’d want to go to one but it might be a thought-provoking experience from everything Paul has said. There were no naked people this time and fewer almost naked people. There are always a lot of alternate-lifestyle people there and this was no exception. Paul actually was propositioned.
When we got home, it was after midnight so we went straight to bed and 6:00 this morning came way too soon.
On the agenda for today include garden (which I will go work on when I’m done here for a bit), kindergarten, feeding missionaries, and some housework. And exercise of some kind.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment