Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Longest (and Shortest) Post of the Month

Good morning! Today is the first day of June! So far, it is a good day. The goats got their sweet grain for the first time in forever for which they were very grateful; I could tell because they were grunting while they ate it. The kids weren’t as excited but that’s mainly because they just wanted in with their mother so they could get milk. She wasn’t too interested in that and when I came in, she was dancing away from them. Considering the fact that they are six weeks and two days old, that is perfectly normal and okay.
Yesterday I decided that most of my attitude was about the garden. Our grass hasn’t been cut yet and is three feet tall in some areas. Paul needs to get the mower fixed and something always happens that needs attention before he can get to it so it sits. In order to get to the garden, I have to wade through grass and that makes me itch due to pollen and bugs and the fact that it’s green and makes me itch anyway. Also, we have leaves on it from last year. That’s fine; I’m the one who put them there for mulch to help with the weeds this spring. And they’ve done their job. The problem is that now they are in my way for planting. Once I decided yesterday how to deal with the problem, my attitude greatly improved about it. Today I just have to go out and get some planting done. I’m not sure how much will happen but some certainly will.
In the morning I needed to go up to the Mount to get a book that I’d let someone borrow for the summer semester. As it turns out, Dr. Greenwood is using a different book for the summer so she can’t use mine. Because I wanted it back when she was done, she wanted to return it. I decided to go to Winchendon to get grain for the goats first because they’ve been needing it (I expect milk production should have a little increase because of it) and some Bag Balm because we’re just about out. When I got to the feed store there, I discovered that they don’t open until 10:00. I was there at 9:41. So, I got to sit and wait. That was a blast since I hadn’t taken anything with me to keep me occupied other than my phone.
I got the grain and Bag Balm and picked up my book on the way home and it was about 10:30. I rode the bike for 20 minutes and did my Pilates and took a shower and didn’t feel like doing anything because it was so bloody hot. So for the rest of the day I really did very little other than some reading.
I did call Diane which was nice and did a few little odds and ends around the house like making the bed and straightening up the kitchen, but that was it. I have a hard time dealing with sudden increases in temperatures and I really felt very blah all afternoon.
Plans for today include finding a 16-foot board to use for a measuring stick in the garden because we are going to get 16-foot pig fence panels to use as trellises in the garden for tomatoes, cucumbers and the like. Then I’ll take the board out to the garden and some plants and enlist as much help as possible and get as much done as possible in a couple of hours because I’ll be done at 10 one way or another. Anything that does not get done today will get done Monday.
Cedric has a game at noon in Hubbardston so we’ll be going to the rec field a few minutes before 11:30. After that, we’ll come home so he can change and then go up to the veterinarians office where Diana Chunn works because they’re having an open house.
Paul is leaving for a trade show this morning. His flight leaves at 2:00 from Manchester, New Hampshire, and Adam is giving him a ride to the airport. They’ll be leaving about 11:00.
Laura and Joanna have work and we have a couple of haircuts before baths and showers this evening.

And that is pretty much that. Have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment