Thursday, June 27, 2013

715 Words on a Lovely Day

And another good morning to you. Today is a day to my liking. Overcast, misty, and 65°.
Our plan was to go to Comet Pond last night while the girls were gone to their Wednesday night activities. Then it began to pour while we were eating. The boys were sure that meant no swimming and because the entire day had been filled with showers off and on, I told them they had a choice: swimming with the very real likelihood of rain causing us to have to come home earlier than we would normally or staying home and watching a movie while eating sherbet. Movie and sherbet won out which is probably good because while it didn’t really rain much during the time we would have been gone, the water would not have been all that warm and we would probably have had to leave early due to some boys ‘freezing.’ So, they watched Avatar and I did laundry and read.
After riding and doing Pilates and showering, I took off to the RMV. Going there is always such a pleasure. I had to wait in line to get a number for 15 to 20 minutes. Then the expected wait time (printed on the number) was 1 hour and 4 minutes. It was closer to an hour and fifteen minutes. Then, because there was a $4.13 penalty for not having registered with 30 days, I didn’t have enough money. Today when I go in, I can just go straight to the woman who helped me and get it done without waiting but it still does mean another trip over which isn’t what I had intended to do with my day today because Laura and Joanna both work.
Joanna went yesterday to visit a friend and coworker in Worcester. He has Crohn’s Disease and has been in the hospital with blood clots in his lungs for a few days. She said he gets to go home Friday or Saturday and she is the only visitor he’s had other than family. We all do have trials, do we not? They come in different shapes and sizes and are of different duration but they do exist and our only recourse is to do the best we can and learn from them.
After the RMV yesterday, I stopped at the bank to sign a paper for a new debit card. It appears that someone tried to use my numbers at a motel in Michigan last week. That’s just crazy. I am glad that it was caught before it posted to my account even though the amount was small.
Yesterday afternoon and evening were good for reading and while I did not finish Here Be Dragons, I only have 20 pages left for today. That won’t take long to finish up at all and I would take it with me to the RMV if I expected to wait any length of time. As it is, I would like to finish before I leave so that I can take it to the library and get another book.
Yesterday waiting at the RMV (I hate waiting there—the benches are exceedingly uncomfortable but I do like to use them upon occasion because I don’t like standing for that long either) was a good time for knitting. Once I was there, I thought that I should have brought my book, but I had brought my knitting so at least I had something to do other than play with my phone which wasn’t really charged enough to last that long if I were. I finished the pattern part of the shrug I’ve been working on and did a few rows of ribbing. The ribbing needs to be 3 or 3 ½ inches wide and then it will be time to move on to the rest which consists of sewing up the ends for sleeves and knitting a ribbing around the remaining edge. In other words, the end is in sight. It would actually be slightly nearer had I not done two too many rows of pattern that I had to take out before beginning the ribbing.
On tap for today we have RMV, swimming if the weather cooperates, library, reading, Legos, and whatever else happens along.

I hope you all have a splendiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment