Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hot

Good morning! I have to say that quickly before it gets too bloody hot. Currently, we are 69° (compared to Bonners Ferry at 46° and Yreka at 51°) which is tolerable but it will be warming up to the mid to high 80’s and that will not be tolerable.
Last night I took some things out of the freezer that will be good for grilling and cooked potatoes and eggs for potato salad. The potatoes and eggs got to chill in the back refrigerator all night. This morning I mixed everything up and now it can be called potato salad and it is chilling. This is NOT good weather for baking, or even for cooking, really. I used to have a recipe for cheesecake that did not require any baking. I am going to search the internet for such a recipe again because I think it would be nice on a day like today. Even making ice-cream isn’t that great because the ice-cream freezer produces heat and I would like to avoid that.
Cedric’s game yesterday got moved from Hubbardston to Roach Field in Hardwick. Kind of a pain for us because it takes about half an hour to get there as opposed to five minutes. Handy for Cedric’s Cub Scout leaders because they were planning on going to Hardwick yesterday anyway (practically across the street from the field). The game wasn’t bad although Cedric’s team lost 2-0. The other team didn’t seem to be terribly coordinated but they were all taller than the kids on Cedric’s team. One boy had perfected the ability to go into a baseball-type slide to kick the ball (which is not legal) and pop up again almost before you realized he was down. He did it three times. Cedric said he had a swearing problem as well.
We didn’t go to the open house at the veterinarian office. When Cedric and I got home, we needed to eat and by the time we got done, it was too close to time for it to be over. Not to mention I didn’t really want to go out. I made beans to take to Meredith and Laura ended up dropping them off for me because I got to make an unexpected trip to Worcester.
Paul had borrowed Bill Ence’s farm plate so he could take a trailer to Vermont to get the John Deere toy last Saturday. He was going to drop it off on his way to or from work one day this week but never got around to it. Well, their Buick got a flat tire and their daughter needed the farm plate to be able to drive their truck to the airport to pick Bill and his wife up. So, I ended up going to Worcester. In the heat. Hooray.

I am going to be off for now. Have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment